PDA

View Full Version : IMAZ pics are up

Running Mommy
04-15-2006, 11:14 AM
And DO NOT comment on the bathing suit pics!!:eek: If that isn't enough to make me step away from the chocolate I don't know what will!!

Bib # is 794 in case you need it.

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=10039&BIB=794

RoadRaven
04-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Hey there Running Mommy!

Who cares about the bathing suit, girl?

Look at the look on your face!!!

Are you pleased and proud or what!!!

Wish I'd been there to give you a hug

DirtDiva
04-15-2006, 01:20 PM
The pictures at last! Thanks for sharing them. :)

tprevost
04-15-2006, 01:33 PM
WOW!

Those are GREAT pictures! MAN, check out the muscles in your legs as you were coming across the finish line! HOLY COW!!! You are so awesome Denise, the pictures turned out really well! Although, they could've done a little better on the official finisher one (like tell ya to put your hat up a little! ;) ) I've got to say that you look fabulous in every picture, certainly not like you had as much swimming/biking/running behind you as you did!

I hope you are ordering all of them!

Tracy

Lise
04-15-2006, 02:36 PM
You look so strong! Proud to know you, woman. :D L.

snapdragen
04-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Those are great Denise! I love the one with you crossing the finish line.

Dianyla
04-15-2006, 03:47 PM
If anyone has the gall to criticize the b-suit pictures, well I'd like to see them finish an Ironman!! :rolleyes:

Awesome!

Lise
04-15-2006, 05:27 PM
If anyone has the gall to criticize the b-suit pictures, well I'd like to see them finish an Ironman!! :rolleyes:

Awesome!
YEAH! Like she said! But now I'm wondering, did you wear your bathing suit under your other clothes for the rest of the race? Or is there a private Ironman changing area?

OT, yet on topic...I've been craving Pringles since reading the IM race report! Went shopping tonight, and stood, amazed, at how many kinds of Pringles there are. I guess this reflects how long it's been since I bought Pringles. I'll never forget the year they came out, 1972 (or, at least that was the year they entered my conciousness!). There was one kind. They've been busy since then...good grief...34 years ago. I'm almost afraid to eat them, lest they not be as fabulous as they sounded in the race report! :o

tprevost
04-15-2006, 06:09 PM
Lise,

I actually like the low fat pringles better than the original ones! YUM, and less greasy :)

T~

Lise
04-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Lise,

I actually like the low fat pringles better than the original ones! YUM, and less greasy :)

T~
I got the low fat ones, just haven't tried 'em yet. You're right, the original ones are very greasy.

But there's a ba-gillion permutations of Pringles...Onion & sour cream. Jalepeno. Salt & vinegar. Pizza. Barbeque. Low fat. Fat free. etc, etc, etc. The mind reels. :p

Grog
04-15-2006, 07:22 PM
You look amazing and smiling on each one of them! You're beautiful Denise, keep going!!!

Blueberry
04-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Those are some amazing pics! And I agree with Dianyla - until you've finished an ironman, you have *NO RIGHT* to criticize any pictures of anyone in a bathing suit.

You've got some muscles - more motivation for me to hit the bike road on the bike - keep running, swimming and biking - you have *NOTHING* to be ashamed of...and a WHOLE LOT to be proud of!!!!!!!

So...when's the next one:)

DirtDiva
04-16-2006, 02:35 AM
But there's a ba-gillion permutations of Pringles...Onion & sour cream. Jalepeno. Salt & vinegar. Pizza. Barbeque. Low fat. Fat free. etc, etc, etc. The mind reels. :p
Sour Cream & Onion: gooooooood.
Jalepeno: don't have them here, but they're probably good.
Salt & Vinegar: good.
Pizza: never had 'em, but I suspect they'd be average to bad.
Barbeque: nasty.
Low Fat: got to be a good thing.
Fat Free: what's the point - I don't eat Pringles for the health benefits!

(P.S. Denise's report also left me with a Pringle craving that didn't go away until I gave in and walked my loose change collection to the shop.)

Lise
04-16-2006, 04:12 AM
HA! I am not alone! :rolleyes:

So, what kind did you get? I got the "Original, low fat". Tasty. And less greasy.

Trek420
04-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Dianyla "If anyone has the gall to criticize the b-suit pictures, well I'd like to see them finish an Ironman!! :rolleyes:"

Or even a PART of one. I agree, simply ask "Tell me again exactly how far do you ride? Oh, and when was the last time you did an open water swim, century and then run a marathon? Would "never" be an accurate answer? Hold still while I pick you up and benchpress you" :p

Oh, and the chips? Anyone tried Kettlechips Wasabi, yum.

Lise
04-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Or even a PART of one. I agree, simply ask "Tell me again exactly how far do you ride? Oh, and when was the last time you did an open water swim, century and then run a marathon? Would "never" be an accurate answer? Hold still while I pick you up and benchpress you" :p
YEAH! I mean. The thought of it, and I have thought of it, gives me the willies. Just for fun, add 12 miles to the end of that century before you take off on your marathon. I know when I did a metric century, the 4 "extra" miles beyond the 62 that it should have been :rolleyes: were nearly the death of me! Mental, of course, but sheesh.

For most people, the swim alone is farther than they're willing to walk, usually. "2.4 miles? Nah, we'll take the car." I cannot get over that you've propelled your self 140.6 miles under your own steam when you've completed an Ironman.

DirtDiva
04-16-2006, 12:39 PM
HA! I am not alone! :rolleyes:

So, what kind did you get? I got the "Original, low fat". Tasty. And less greasy.
50g tube of Cheese & Onion (quite good).

Lise
04-16-2006, 02:17 PM
50g tube of Cheese & Onion (quite good).
Cheese and Onion. Not on offer in the US. Sour cream and onion, yes. Cheese, yes. Interesting! I love finding things that are NOT universally available! :p

Nanci
04-16-2006, 03:01 PM
I just don't even know what to say about this. I am so in awe. That is the best finisher's pic I have ever seen. What a long, hard day, and you were always chasing the clock, that must have been EXTREME stress, but there you are with a genuine smile at every turn. What I love about the bathing suit/wetsuit pics is I imagine you thinking, "Well, the hard part's over, now all I have to do is ride my bike and run!" I am _so proud_ of you!!!!!

Nanci

KSH
04-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Great picture of you crossing the finish line! Your legs look *STRONG*!!!

I have to ask... is the lady in this picture, 10039-203-019, racing? Very impressive if she is!

Running Mommy
04-16-2006, 08:23 PM
yep, she was. I don't think she made it off the bike though. I saw her on the first loop, but don't remember seeing her after that. I hope she made it too, but if she didn't, I hope she keeps on trying until she does...