PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Town

AuntieK
04-11-2006, 03:13 PM
The Ghost Town Century is coming up on Apr. 22 in Tooele, Utah. I'm thinking about doing this one, and I was wondering if anyone else will be there?
Also, has anyone done this one before? It says it's mostly flat, but the elevation profile looks like it has some big climbs (but then again, who said I could read an elevation map? :p )

More info can be found at:
http://bike2bike.org

The last day to early-register for this one is tomorrow, Apr. 12.

Lifesgreat
04-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Hi AuntieK!

No, I am not going to do Ghost Town this year. Spring break is a tough time to schedule it. There is also a tri that day in Saratoga Springs.

sulis
04-12-2006, 04:22 AM
I have not decided yet if I'll be there. It will be a last minute registration based on

1- the weather (I don't ride in the rain)
2- $$$$
3 - How I feel that day

I'll let you know a few days before if I will make it or not. I know, I'm so fickle. :rolleyes:

yellow
04-17-2006, 05:32 AM
I'm also looking at the weather and will decide later in the week (or maybe even Sat am). If I do decide to do the ride, I'll try to plan my clothing so I can let y'all know what I'll be wearing.

Right now the LTF is saying partly cloudy, in the 70s (from Weather Underground) for Saturday. Sounds like REALLLLLLY good riding weather to me!

sulis
04-17-2006, 07:09 AM
Sad news ladies...even if the weather clears up I won't be able to join you. I'm afraid I'm on the injured list. I have not been a happy camper this weekend. Its a minor injury, but enough to keep me from biking and running for a week or two...I'm hoping no more. I don't want to miss out on the women's tri next month or little red or any of the other stuff I have planned...grrrrr
Ok enough complaining by me. I hope you have fun at Ghost Town. I'll be back on the bike again soon-- wish me luck!

yellow
04-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Sad news ladies...even if the weather clears up I won't be able to join you. I'm afraid I'm on the injured list.
Nooooooooooooo! :( Sending good healing vibes your way. Being injured/sick is so hard when you are active. Fast healing and be a good patient!

Lifesgreat
04-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Sad news ladies...even if the weather clears up I won't be able to join you. I'm afraid I'm on the injured list. I have not been a happy camper this weekend. Its a minor injury, but enough to keep me from biking and running for a week or two...I'm hoping no more. I don't want to miss out on the women's tri next month or little red or any of the other stuff I have planned...grrrrr
Ok enough complaining by me. I hope you have fun at Ghost Town. I'll be back on the bike again soon-- wish me luck!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

yellow
04-24-2006, 09:20 AM
K, did you do Ghost Town? I bowed out due to lack of funds. Got my butt kicked by a bunch of guys and one gal on a Canyon Bikes "club ride" instead. It was such a nice day Sat...I hope you had a good ride!

AuntieK
04-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Hi Yellow!
Nope, I didn't do this one either. I was hoping you had so you could give me a report.
It was our anniversary so we went on a little biking trip to Antelope Island. It was a lot of fun! If you've never been out there, I would highly recommend it. Spotted the bison herd, 4 antelope, a barn owl, another small (unidentified) owl, great blue heron, bunnies, Canadian geese, etc.
Wishing your butt a quick recovery from Sats ride! :p

yellow
04-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Oh, I like Antelope Island. I think this was before your time on TE, but SadieKate and Bubba came to visit last Thanksgiving and we went for a ride out there. Here's a link (http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=4575)to that thread, complete with Bison pictures.

We've been talking about going out there again before the heat settles. And Stansbury Island too (though I think that's mtn biking only).