PDA

View Full Version : Up early today! So excited!

KSH
04-11-2006, 06:29 AM
Well, I woke up at 4:30 AM (this is early for me! I ususally get up at 7:00 AM for work) to go run with my triathlon group at the track. I didn't do the ENTIRE run, but I hung for most of it.

I was also happy to find ONE GUY in my Tri 202 group, who was slower than me! I might have a *friend* to train with... ha! :D

Now, I am so excited, because in about an hour, I get to go to "Kinesiology Solutions" to have my running form picked apart... which will HOPEFULLY mean NO PAIN WHEN RUNNING in the near future!

It's around $90 an hour for a personalized session. Not something I put into my budget, but I really need to start running without pain! I am sure my problems won't be fixed in one session, but I have *hope*! Maybe someday I can get my 5K down to a 10 minute mile! HA!

Anyone else doing anything cool or fun today?

tprevost
04-11-2006, 06:45 AM
Great Job KSH!

That sounds very promising AND its always a good thing to find a training buddy! ;)

Tracy

Lise
04-11-2006, 08:29 AM
4:30 AM is early by anybody's standards! Good for you. I hope the Kinesiology Solutions session went well. I went for a 12 mile ride on my new bike today, the first time I've really been able to take her out. Felt great. Let the season begin!

KSH
04-12-2006, 05:45 AM
Well... the meeting came out fine. Unfortunately... as expected... my issues won't be fixed over night.

Apparently, I roll inwards and it's very apparent that my left ankle rolls in more than my right. I am weak in my core and my knees are not properly aligned. So, he asked for me to stop running for 2 weeks (KILLS ME!), and to do the exercises he is going to give me. After 2 weeks of intensive core training and stretching, we will look at my running form and work on it from there.

So, we will see how it goes. I hope it works. I would love to be able to run pain free again!

Lise
04-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Good luck. I'll be interested to hear how that goes. L.