PDA

View Full Version : IM Arizona Finisher Items

Nanci
04-11-2006, 03:28 AM
So, Denise,

What did you get??? What pictures did you order? Were there a bunch of good ones? Did they give you the IM backpack with T-shirt, hat, etc. at the finish? What did you go buy???

(The most exciting part for me- the shopping!!)

Nanci

Running Mommy
04-11-2006, 05:28 AM
Well the finishers shirt was an odd shade of tan... Almost baby puke tan.. It's not so nice. SO I went to the expo yesterday and got a grey one. It's ok, but I'm a white t-shirt girl. Or navy... Oh well. I also got a black technical shirt that's kinda cool. They were out of the license plate frames though! DOH!!! I did get a finishers hat in the black back pack thingie. But the pack only had the ford logo on it. No IM logo?? hmmpphhh..:confused:
I do have my pictures. I preordered w/ the plaque. The one of me crossing the tape is pretty good considering. I liked all of them except the one of me running w/ my hat all contorted. I had a sponge in my hat so my head looks oddly shaped. But I like the bike pic, and the other running pic. Oh and the "official" finishers picture is HORRIBLE! I look like I went 140.6 miles!!:p

Today I'm considerably more sore than yesterday... DOMS I suppose. All my soft tissue is hurting today. ugh.. So can I use my bath fizzy or will it hurt my tender bits to get in the bath water w/ it in it?? I'm dying to take a long soak!! :)

Lise
04-11-2006, 05:44 AM
I guess the only way to know about the tender bits is to try! If it hurts, rinse them off, drain the tub, and start over again with just baking soda in the water. That's very gentle on tender bits.

Like Nanci, shopping is my favorite part of any race! Sorry to hear about the tan t-shirt. What's that about?! Glad to hear you got a tech shirt. Those are the best. Funny about the pix with a sponge in your hat (to keep you cool?). I saw pix of me running with a particular pair of shorts, and swore I'd never be photographed in them again!

I can't believe how great you look in the pix I've seen. Yes, you've just traversed 140.6 miles under your own power, an amazing feat. You look strong and proud and powerful. Looking forward to more pictures! And if anybody figures out how to watch the video of you finishing, let me know--I could use a good happy cry. :)

Running Mommy
04-11-2006, 06:43 AM
If I can wrangle the finish video out of IMNA I'll make sure you all get a copy... I know, I know... copyright infringement.. But hey, I must share my joy w/ my friends. I'm sure I look like a total goober though!!:D
I was watching the dvd they handed out and I still can't believe I was one of the ones jumping into the water! It just amazes me!! Who knew I had the cajones for something like that??:rolleyes:
Well, off to take a good long soak in the tub... Sounds good huh??:D

Nanci
04-11-2006, 06:47 AM
The fizzy won't hurt- it's kind of oily-moisturizing, too. It made me _very_ hungry for chocolate. I am hording mine.

I thought the crew shirts were an ugly shade of brown. Weird.

I stole BF's backpack. He isn't into that- and I love it. I carry clothes to work if I'm going to change, or when I drive to a ride and want to change.

He wears his hat constantly. It's a nice hat. He also bought a cool faded orange baseball cap.

His pics were all great. There was even one of him when he met his friend Mike that finished, and their clothes match, and they're both under the arch thing, smiling- it's very cool

I wonder if you can order the license plate frame on line. I think that's what BF did.

Nanci

Running Mommy
04-11-2006, 08:08 AM
So I'm on a wild goose chase for that video. IMNA sent me to some place called Ironworks productions or something. I just emailed them pleading for a copy for my adopt an IM kids to see... Always nice to have a ploy. I just hope it works. I also emailed Sage the voly coordinator. Haven't heard from her though. If all else fails I'll haul out the big guns and email Paul Huddle the RD. Not that it'll work. I'm sure he ignores half the emails he gets! :p
I WANT THAT VIDEO!!!! :cool:
I just took a bath w/ my sports soak. I figured I needed to get the muscles relaxed and in order. I love that stuff. My body melts when I use it. I feel loose now... ahhhh.... Life is good...:D
I'm saving my bath fizzy for a nice night alone when no kids can bother me! :p