PDA

View Full Version : Race #2

CR400
04-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Well I just completed my second race of the season. Didn't do to bad considering there was not a flat level spot in the whole course. I jumped at the start and was in 3rd place for the first 3/4 of the opening lap but I got scared on the fastest coner and dropped my speed to much. That was the first time I had raced through those corners with people so close to me. Normally I am dropped really quick. Oh did I mention it was a field with mostly guys in it. I was proud of myself, but it was my lack of pack handling that made me get dropped so soon. I had plenty to keep going at that speed.

BikeMomma
04-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Keep at it CR! Practice, practice, practice those corners at speed. I suggest finding a new housing subdivision somewhere that doesn't have heavy traffic (watch for nails & other builders' debris). Get up to speed and practice holding your line and accelerating out of the corners. Better yet, get a few guys/gals to do it with you, so you can get comfortable in a "pack".

Keep racing too...that's really the best training. Nothing compares to the intensity and adrenaline kick you get from it.

Happy racin' :D
~BikeMomma

CR400
04-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks, I keep trying. I just seem to make a lot of rookie mistakes. But hey you learn and get better right.