PDA

View Full Version : We're Finally Open!!

SalsaMTB
04-07-2006, 06:03 AM
Our bike shop is finally open! If any of you girls are in the metro detroit area, we'll be having our grand opening event on Sunday. We're raffling off an adult mountain bike, a children's bike, and a repair stand and tools for the mechanic and of course we'll have a bunch of things on sale. We'll also have free food and refreshments while supplies last.

We've been trying to keep our website (http://www.cycletofitness.com) up to date but admittedly, it has been a struggle to do that and get the store open. It does have our location, hours, what the sales are for the event and details of the raffles. So, if you're in the area, come check us our on Sunday!

To all you girls outside the area, thank you so much for all the support! It has been a lot of work and it was nice to read all the support here. Eventually we would like to have internet sales on our site but that just hasn't happened yet.

Number 7
04-07-2006, 06:24 AM
hey salsa...congrats! i'll definitely check it out the next time i'm down in the livonia area.

best of luck

Nanci
04-07-2006, 06:46 AM
How exciting!! I love the Blog idea.

Nanci

slinkedog
04-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Great news, Salsa! Wish I were closer and could patronize your shop!! (In a good way, that is. :))

Good luck and I hope things go very well for you!

Jo-n-NY
04-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Wishing you all the luck in the opening of your new store on Sunday.

~ JoAnn

Bike Goddess
04-07-2006, 09:35 AM
CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK!

Let us know how it all goes! Press releases, all that good stuff!:) :) :) :)

SandyLS
04-07-2006, 09:44 AM
I am so glad to hear that the state is getting a new bike shop. I'm guessing it will be female friendly too. A rare find, I'm guessing by my bike buying experience last spring. It seemed very hard to find a shop that would take me seriously and really listen to what I wanted. I finally drove about 75 miles to a shop not too far from yours to buy my new road bike. I'll be sure to check out your shop the next time I'm down state. I hope all goes well with the new business.

SalsaMTB
04-07-2006, 09:58 AM
I am so glad to hear that the state is getting a new bike shop. I'm guessing it will be female friendly too. A rare find, I'm guessing by my bike buying experience last spring. It seemed very hard to find a shop that would take me seriously and really listen to what I wanted. I finally drove about 75 miles to a shop not too far from yours to buy my new road bike. I'll be sure to check out your shop the next time I'm down state. I hope all goes well with the new business.

lol, that's one thing my dh noticed whenever we would go look at bikes. I would say I was interested in a bike and the sales person would immediately turn to dh and talk to him about it. Basically, they assumed it was my husband buying a bike for me and I had no idea what was going on. It really bothered him a lot and swore he wouldn't do that to women when they come in the store. So if you do happen to stop in, give him a little test and let me know if he passes ;)

CorsairMac
04-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Kudos and Hugs Salsa!! I'm so happy for you! I know how much this means to both you and your DH! I'm sorry I Don't live closer to you but you're both close in my heart! I wish you all the best!!!

Barb
04-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Salsa...I will get there if I can! I am riding at Kensington on Sunday. I have to go east on 96 after that. Am I getting closer?

Sandy LS - Any chance that you are up near Mackinaw? I ride up there all summer long. I am ridng in Zoo de Mack in May. How far upstate are you?

bikerchick68
04-07-2006, 12:17 PM
HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU ON LIVING YOUR DREAM!!!

cyclingnewbie
04-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Congrats on the new store! I'm sure it will do really well. Especially when word spreads that its female-friendly. You will have 'em comin' from far and wide!!

pkq
04-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Congratulations and best of everything with the bike shop!

If I am ever in the area, I'm paying a visit. Thought you'd appreciate the warning. :)

SalsaMTB
04-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Salsa...I will get there if I can! I am riding at Kensington on Sunday. I have to go east on 96 after that. Am I getting closer?

You're getting there! We're about 30 miles SE of there. I'm not sure if you're from the area or where you're headed this weekend, but 696 is under major construction. It's down to one lane and I THINK is closed this weekend.

Trekhawk
04-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Yipee - Im excited for you.

Congratulations.:) :)

SandyLS
04-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Hi Barb,
I'm half way between Flint and Lansing. My big adventure this year will be the DALMAC Labor Day weekend. I've never ridden those kinds of distances before. Hubby and I did do the Big Mac Scenic Fall Tour and Bridge ride two years ago. It was a great ride, very well planned and lots of fun. Have fun with the Zoo de Mac.
Sandy

Barb
04-10-2006, 04:52 AM
Salsa-

Becuase of 696 I didn't make it out this weekend. I promise to come visit as soon as I can! I am in the midst of moving (yuk) so I am crunched for time, but I need some clothes so I will come visit!

tprevost
04-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Congratulations! I'm very excited for you and your DH - it is so great to be following your dream!

YEAH!!!!!

Tracy