PDA

View Full Version : Black Terry Commuter Skort

Pyannyplayer
04-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Hello all! I have a black Terry commuter cycling skort, size XL, for the taking. It's been worn some, but still has some life in it. I purchased it new last October. I've lost some weight and it no longer fits. I would like to see it go to a good biking home. :)

If you're interested, you can email me at accompanist1961@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

Lorie

Barb
04-03-2006, 05:03 AM
Ohh ohh I would love it!

Pyannyplayer
04-03-2006, 07:28 AM
I've just sent this out to the first person that requested it. I just LOVED this skort!

I am, however, going to "experiment" with making some wrap skirts to carry in my bike trunk for those times that I'm going into a store or something and bike shorts are a little.........well, you know. I'll post how they turn out; if it works, I'll share the pattern/wraps with as many as I can.

Lorie

KnottedYet
04-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Terry makes a wrap. Looks just like the skirt part of the skort. Kinda pricey, though.

I have the commuter in a surf-board print, and love it. Really love the pocket on the thigh of the shorts part!

Robbin_G
04-12-2006, 06:13 AM
Terry's mini seems to be on clearance. Just a cover up, not bike shorts

http://www.terrybicycles.com/detail.html?c=Apparel&sc=Skorts&item_no=1819

MomOnBike
04-12-2006, 06:49 AM
I've been looking at the skorts, but wonder about how I'd deal with the skirt part on the 'bent. Wad it up and sit on it? Tuck it under somehow? Just live with the parachute effect? :confused: Humph.

At any rate, let us know about the wrap skirt experiments. I don't want to go into nice-ish places in just shorts. I'm OK on the bike, but, really, I scare the horses and small children off said bike. :eek:

KnottedYet
04-12-2006, 12:30 PM
I wore my commuter skort on my 'bent. (BikeE. Just sold it this morning, cuz can't ride it in the Danskin and can't afford new without selling old. Dang.) Didn't have a parachute problem because the flap just blew back and stayed there. I also tucked the skirt up under my jacket (so it looked like I was just wearing shorts) for longer rides. It really was less of a problem than I anticipated.:)

MomOnBike
04-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Really? Hmmmm....

{rushes off to look at web sites and finances, forgets finances}