PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful day

im4smiley
03-31-2006, 05:18 PM
What a beautiful day it was today, about 76 degrees! As soon as I got out of work I changed into my cycing SHORTS and short sleeve shirt and away I went for a 22 mile ride. It was a bit windy, pedaling like crazy and getting nowhere until I turned around and I was riding about 22 mph, way fast for me. I love to ride my bicycle!! :)

alpinerabbit
04-01-2006, 03:54 AM
Here too!!!

the weather forecast was just bad,bad,bad.

but it's 3pm now and it's still sunny, I got the bike from the shop (500 $ for new cranksets and chainwheels and work and a jersey... Switzerland is an expensive country!) - and went for a spin - yay!:D :D :D

I could see the lake and the alps, it was pooooootiful. 20°C. And I met a couple friends who complimented me on my coolness. Bikewise.:D

DebW
04-01-2006, 04:56 AM
Yup, quite a nice week we've had. I biked to work every day this week except for Tuesday when I had to take my canoe with me. Rode home in shorts Thursday and Friday. Hope the rest of you NE ladies enjoyed the weather also.

Surlygirl
04-01-2006, 05:37 AM
I know I did. I rode everyday except yesterday, which I would have but had to hang around waiting for my car to be fixed. Its been a gorgeous week.
Oh and make sure you tell CorsairMac how great it is here in the Northeast.
Hopefully it will stay nice now, I just can't bear to go back to the trainer now that I've tasted freedom.

songlady
04-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Yesterday WAS beautiful! It reached 80 here, higher than anyone had predicted. I snuck out of work a little early (shhh, don't tell!) hopped on my bike, did 25 miles, and pulled back into the driveway just as the rain started to fall. Now it's 50 today with 20-35 mph winds. :mad:

Surlygirl
04-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Okay, who turned on the wind today? Boy it was honkin at some points on my ride with Hubby today. We called it quits at 25 miles. We bought a B.O.B trailer yesterday so we can do some Bed and Breakfast weekends and bring our stuff. Pretty cool and hubby tows it so thats even better.

alpinerabbit
04-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Surly,

why do you have the same wind halfway around the world - I had the nastiest side winds today, pushing me around....
and got wet in the last five minutes (only. lucky).

do you hook that trailer up to a road bike?

Surlygirl
04-03-2006, 03:55 AM
Surly,

why do you have the same wind halfway around the world - I had the nastiest side winds today, pushing me around....
and got wet in the last five minutes (only. lucky).

do you hook that trailer up to a road bike?

Sorry about the wind. It sucks riding in the wind.
Yes, we hooked up the trailer to my husbands carbon Orbea. It comes with its own skewer and hooks to that so no part of it actually touches the bike frame. Hubby says you forget its back there most of the time. The hills were a little tougher and he said it took a little getting use to going down hill but overall it worked great. Of course being an engineer he's already thinking of redesigning it to make it lighter. Engineers :rolleyes: