PDA

View Full Version : Aren't ya suppose to REST during taper??

Running Mommy
03-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Cause I sure haven't had time!!
It's been crazy busy this week!! All kinds of things going on! OY!!! Maybe I'm just catching up from all the things that got set aside by my training, but my life has been NUTS!
I still need to get a few Ironcrew bracelets in the mail, so hold tight girls... I'll get them out as soon as I can...
As far as training I've been getting in about an hour a day. But today I feel like I'm coming down w/something so I'm laying low.
I did go talk to the kiddies in my sons class about IM and they were great. I also was able to do my public service announcement about helmet use. So I feel like I did my good deed. :p
Next week is going to be crazy nuts, so I may not be on the board much. But I want to thank you all in advance for the love and support you have given me. You don't have any idea how much it has helped. I've gone from "thinking" I can do it to *KNOWING* I can!! You guys are awesome! And I just know that on 4/9 alot of you will be on Ironmanlive.com keeping an eye on #794. Of course you'll prolly be back here to weigh in on whats going on if I know you! :D
I'm going to put a sticker on my bike where I can see it that reminds me of you girls.
Anyway, it looks like most of the loose ends have been tied up. Thanks to TE I have a full suit so I won't freeze on the swim. Wheeeewww!! :p
Bike is back from the shop so she gets new tires tonight, and a two hour test ride tomorrow. Other than that I have all my gear and nutrition ready to go! Down to my gummy bears, pretzels and pringles! :D
Y'all have a FABULOUS weekend and a great week next week.
Ciao!
Denise :)

Trek420
03-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Running Mommy "I'm going to put a sticker on my bike where I can see it that reminds me of you girls."

we're too far away to spray paint the route lke the TdF with "go Running Mommy go!" :o But a sticker will have to do.

Mine would say "dig deep"~Trek

Lise
03-31-2006, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I'd be out there with my chalk: Yes You CAN! :D

Have a fun week. We'll all be thinking of you. L.

Running Mommy
04-01-2006, 06:55 AM
UGH!
Last Sunday my hubby had a stomach bug. I tried to stay away from him, but I guess I didn't do a good enough job!! Yesterday I started feeling funky, and by the middle of the night it was toilet time.. UGGHHHH!!!!:(
I'm feeling a bit better this morning, but very drained. So I had a banana (binding- good) and a powerade. Just trying to get myself back up to speed. I orignially had a small brick planned for this morning, so Tony was going to take Spencer with him to work. When he left me this morning he said "aren't you going to ride??" and I was like "yeah, I WAS... But since you infected me, now I don't know!!"... And he goes "I guess I better get out of here"... Yeah honey, I guess you had better! :cool:
All I can say is better THIS weekend than NEXT. But DANG! I never get sick, and lately it seems like I pick up everything!! People think I'm nuts because at the grocery I pull out my purell and squirt some in my hands then wipe it on the cart handle as well as my hands. Some places have wipes at the door. But the evil empire is too cheap. But MAN I'm paranoid!! Clearly I need a BUBBLE!!! :rolleyes:

Lise
04-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Rest up, hydrate. The hard work is done. Let your body get whatever ~yuck~ is in there back out, and you'll be golden next weekend. (((RM))) L.

mommelisa
04-02-2006, 07:07 AM
Well, hopefully you're building up some good immunity and this will be the last time!! RM - next week this time you'll be SWIMMING!! So exciting!!

Rest up and enjoy the excitement of this week!