PDA

View Full Version : Picked up MY new baby

Lise
03-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Wanna go for a ride, Melisa? Pink and celeste would look lovely together, I think! We'd look just like those pretty women on the cover of the Terry catalog, except I'd need hair extensions and lipo...but I digress! :p

Had time to get fitted and buy some accessories (of course), and ride her home...what a ride. I was up to 17 mph just on my neighborhood streets, where I'm usually at 13 mph on my Larkspur. Not really pushing it, just riding, and holding a new tire pump in one hand. Amazing. Now I want to blow off work and go riding! Soon, soon. Here's a picture again:

tprevost
03-30-2006, 02:31 PM
She's gorgeous Lise! Lets see a picture with YOU attached ;)

Enjoy~

Tracy

Trekhawk
03-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Love it.
Happy riding.:)

vicvroom
03-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Great color, it's beautiful!

mommelisa
03-31-2006, 10:46 AM
Lise - she's beautiful! My family is greek and we have this tradition - I know its going to sound crazy, but when you talk to someone and they've had something good happen, or they've gotten something new or they just look beautiful that day - you kind of spit at them. Its not really spitting - its more like you say "tttuuu", but its kind of a spitting sound. Its like warding off evil and wishing you many happy years. So.... ttttuuu. :D

I used to ride with a girl that had that same color bike and I told her more than once how pretty it was! I want to see a pic with you riding her, too!

RoadRaven
03-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Verrrry purrrty Lise
Enjoy tearing around Chicago on your lovely "velocopeed"

:cool:

Running Mommy
03-31-2006, 11:40 AM
VERY COOL!! And now she needs a name!! I see a bracelet making opportunity!! :D
Sorry I haven't been around much lately! This IM stuff is keeping me busy. Now I'm off to talk to the kiddies at Estrella Mtn Elementary... I have m&m's "amazing" bars to give to the kids who wear helmets... Think that'll be a good incentive??

Lise
03-31-2006, 02:35 PM
Velocepeed! I love it! Argh, you guys, it's raining and windy here today. No riding for me. This bike's so light I'd probably be lifted up like Dorothy and deposited in Oz....where I could visit with half the TE board! Hmmm, if I only I could be sure I'd land some where good... :cool:

Name--I know it's not feminine, but "Green Hornet" is what I thought when I first saw her, and that's what's sticking in my mind. Light, fast, and with super powers. Anybody remember what super powers the Green Hornet might have had? :confused: The superheros from the 60s were decidedly less "super" than the ones they have nowadays!

Melisa--my sister lived in Israel for many years, and she brought back the Arab tradition of warding off the evil eye by making a spitting sound three times and gesturing away from yourself with an open palm. I picked it up, so I say, "tvuu, tvuu, tvuu". Thanks for the Greek anti-evil eye protection, too.

Denise--tell us all about how it went with the kiddies!

I've got the first run of the season on Sunday. A whopping 8K (sounds longer than 5 miles, right?) If the rain lets up, I'll ride my bike down to the expo tomorrow. Here's hoping for sun! Lise

Eden
03-31-2006, 02:59 PM
The Green Hornet didn't have any "super powers" like we think of super heros today. He had a lot of money, a cool car (the black beauty), a gas gun and his faithful Phillipino side kick/valet Kato. His whole premise was a lot more like Batman, without the tragic past. Rich playboy newspaper editor/owner by day, crimefighter by night.

one of my other hobbies is collecting Old Time Radio shows........

Lise
03-31-2006, 03:31 PM
That's kind of what I thought--thanks, Eden! I remember he had a wicked grin, too. :D L.

Brina
04-12-2006, 10:28 AM
congrats on the new bike! she is a beauty. Now if we can just get the chicago weather and schedules to coincide you can ride (that has been my problem - going on 20 days since I got my bike, but when it rains, I have time, when it is sunny, I am otherwise occupied.)

enjoy your baby.

KSH
04-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Congrats and beautiful!

So, is she dirty yet? Have you broken her in?

Lise
04-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Yep! I rode her on Tuesday, and it was great. 12 miles up and down the lakefront. I love her. I'm on call tonight--if it's quiet and I get some sleep, I'm taking her out again tomorrow. Otherwise, it's the weekend. In that case, I may drive out to the suburbs to a forest preserve with a paved 9 mile trail and ride that twice. The lakefront on a sunny weekend is H-E-double toothpicks for cyclists. Thanks for asking!

PS: Here's my description of the ride on Tuesday, from the Open Topic board: http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=6090