PDA

View Full Version : Touring Shorts??

pipespancake
03-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Hello all! I'm about to embark on a journey where I'll be on my bike between 30-50 miles a day for the next four months, and I need some advice on shorts.

I'm looking for a short with a non-diaper chamois, that'll get me thru the long days, but that's has an inseam short enough that I can throw some casual shorts over them... I've been looking at PIs... I *love* the 3D Pro chamois, but dislike the inseam length... any ideas???

Thanks!

maillotpois
04-01-2006, 07:38 AM
Everyone's probably so jealous about what you're going to be doing that you have rendered them speechless.

Castelli and assos are great. Assos are definitely shorter inseam. But doesn't PI make a shorter inseam short?

snowtulip
04-01-2006, 08:32 AM
I've been doing my touring with the PI Sugar shorts. The chamois isn't too thick and it has a shorter inseam. I had tried touring with the PI 3D and it was too uncomfortable. But shorts are such a personal preference. Oddly enough the Sugar are some of the cheapest PI shorts.:D

pipespancake
04-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Maillotpois... biking with a duct taped kitty? :D My dog will get a laugh..she thought it was bad enough staying put in the BOB trailer so I could train with some weight behind me!! Oh, what we put our pets through...:p

Thanks for the advice ladies!

JmcG
04-05-2006, 09:31 AM
I just bought a pair of pearli ultrasensor shorts. They were on sale at EMS so I had to buy them. Now, I'm a person that usually likes minimal padding (I usually buy tri shorts) and hates the diaper feel, so I was weary in buying these, but the price was too good. Now I wish I had bought 2 pairs (I was up in NH and my EMS in VA doesn't have them now). They are awesome shorts. They are really comfortable and don't feel like you're wearing as much padding as you are once you're on the bike. They're also not real long. Otherwise, I'd recommend the pearli tri shorts, which I love and I wear most of the time.