PDA

View Full Version : New Baby

mommelisa
03-30-2006, 09:47 AM
well.... she's almost home!! I got a call from the lbs that my new baby Guru is put together and in the shop, waiting for me to come get her!!

I think I told you all, I picked out everything about her lickety-split, no problems, but it took six emails back and forth to get the color scheme settled. I wanted pink, and they're kind of a hard-core bike shop - they don't deal with pink too often, and I'm sure they were like - "what??". Well, when Chris, the bike fitter, called me, he said - this is a really good looking bike... :D I hope she's fast too!!

I'll post pics tomorrow!!

CorsairMac
03-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pics! I had to laugh at your LBS and the pink paint - my LBS got in one of the pink Treks and the 'guys" at the LBS were arguing over who would get to ride it! They thought it was one of the coolest bikes they'd seen in awhile! LOL different strokes for different folks

tprevost
03-30-2006, 12:42 PM
ohhhh, can't wait to see her!!!!

Trac'

Lise
03-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Looking forward to pix, and detailed descriptions of what a joy she is to ride!!! :D Lise

tprevost
03-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Come on Melisa, we wanna seeeeeeeeee!!!!! :D

Tracy

Running Mommy
03-31-2006, 03:19 PM
OOHHHHH another one of my *friends* is getting a bike this week! It's been a GOOD week, a VERY good week!!! :D :D :D :D :D
p.s. I wanna see!!!!

tprevost
04-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Okay Ms Melisa!!!

I'm just dyin' to see your new baby! So stop riding and take a picture :p

Tracy

mommelisa
04-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Here we go!! Ta-da!

tprevost
04-03-2006, 04:20 PM
:D oh gosh, do you know how do download the picture onto your computer? If so, download it onto your desktop so it easy to find and I'll try to help...

Tracy

mommelisa
04-03-2006, 04:42 PM
I had to resize the picture and now it works!! What do you think??

KSH
04-03-2006, 04:47 PM
So pretty!

Looks great... and FAST!

Lise
04-03-2006, 04:57 PM
OH! So BEAUTIFUL!!! :D :D :D L.

Running Mommy
04-03-2006, 06:10 PM
OH MY!!!! I am SOOOO jealous!!!! I want one!!!
SWEET!! So when do I get to meet her in person?? I think you should bring her down to Tempe this week just to show her off!! :p
I have a thing for pink bikes... One day... sigh... one day...
I want a pink Elite with hibiscus flowers on it.
MAN that is one sweet bike ya got there missy! You dun gooooooood!! :D
So we will be seeing her in FL in the fall right??

mommelisa
04-03-2006, 06:55 PM
So we will be seeing her in FL in the fall right??

You bet! She's my "secret weapon". LOL! If it were only that easy, right??

Denise - OT, but THANK YOU so much for my bracelets! They came today and I put them on immediately. Did you realize you sent me a PINK and purple one?? It was meant to be! ;)

tprevost
04-03-2006, 06:59 PM
WOW! That is one BEAUTIFUL bike Melisa!!!! I saw a project one at the store in Jan/Feb that was Polka Dots - Pink/White/Silver and from then on, I had a thing for pink bikes! ;)

Does she ride as well as she looks??? Come on... how is she??? I'm so excited for you!

Tracy

tprevost
04-03-2006, 07:01 PM
hey Melisa,

I can't find your old post w/links to your SOMA pics, can you post the link again? pweeeze....????

T~

mommelisa
04-03-2006, 07:08 PM
yep, here ya go...

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=8017&BIB=753&S=230&PWD=

lol, i'm looking at those pictures and i sure have a funny look on my face during all the bike pics...

tprevost
04-03-2006, 07:53 PM
you are such a goober - I hope I look 1/4 as great as you do!

T~

Running Mommy
04-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Your one buff babe there Ms. MM!!! I want your muscles!! Or I want to be able to *see* mine! lol
You look so strong in those pics! You are gonna be rockin that bike! I won't be worthy of being in your presence on that sweet rig! :p

tprevost
04-04-2006, 05:38 AM
Don't sell yourself short there Denise - You're pretty Rockin' yourself!

Trac'

Nanci
04-04-2006, 07:07 AM
This is one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen. I've always thought Guru had a very cool frame. Love the paint. You're so lucky! Will you be naming her? (She immediately made me think of azaleas...)

Nanci

VenusdeVelo
04-05-2006, 06:08 AM
And that seat looks pretty cool too, like it has pink embroidery on it -- what kind is it?

(MMmmmmm.....nice bike......) :D

mommelisa
04-05-2006, 07:36 AM
I won't be worthy of being in your presence on that sweet rig! :p

to repeat a word tracy penned, you're such a goober! :-) you have that sleek sexy seduza, and i have bubblegum barbie... we'll be a pair riding together! after imaz, we're going for a ride, girlfriend!

mommelisa
04-05-2006, 07:39 AM
And that seat looks pretty cool too, like it has pink embroidery on it -- what kind is it?
(MMmmmmm.....nice bike......) :D

Venus - its actually a serfas sattle - the Carma. I've tried so many saddles, it's very close to the same shape (cutout and all) of the saddle I have on my trek - which is a bontrager, so I'm hoping it will work. I haven't actually ridden it yet (gasp!) but as soon as I do, I'll let you know how it goes. I need something narrow in the front - with a smallish cutout (a big cutout has me collapsing into - ugh) and a softer back. It felt good in the bike shop, PLUS its the same color pink as my bike. LOL, a match made in heaven.

SalsaMTB
04-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Wow, she's beautiful!!!

moo bean
04-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Needs some pink-and-black bar tape to round the whole thing off ;)

But seriously: very nice indeed.