PDA

View Full Version : I'm back from biking Guatemala!

snowtulip
03-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Hi Everyone,
We got home last night and we had lots of fun in Guatemala!

We had a ton of climbing up steep dirt roads, the place is beautiful and the people are amazing. I took my biggest tumbler ever down a steep single track section (the view was dirt, sky, dirt, sky). One day we had 5000ft of climbing and 7000ft of descending, it was insane!!

I highly recommend taking a trip to Guatemala, I know that we will be returning some day to take in some of the beautiful scenary we missed on the trip. I've attached some photos and will submit another post with more.

Enjoy,
Snowtulip

snowtulip
03-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Here are a few more photos....and of course, after a long day of riding, nothing brings a smile to the face quicker than chocolate cake!:D

Veronica
03-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Gee thanks, now I need to add Guatemala to my list of places to visit. :)

V.

Lise
03-26-2006, 05:44 PM
ahhhhh, so beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pix. Welcome home! Lise

Nanci
03-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Great pics! At first it looked easy, but, all those switchbacks...I bet descending was a blast!

Nanci

CorsairMac
03-27-2006, 11:17 AM
wow Snow! Welcome home - I'm glad the weather warmed up here for you! and those pixs?? gorgeous my friend and it looks like some awesome riding. I loved the one with the trail right next to the stream! Looks like one heckuva trip!

snowtulip
03-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome home! And yes, the descending was fun, but tiring. This trip was the most physically demanding riding I've ever done. I'm so glad I relied on Coach Troy to help me before the trip (Tough Love really helped).

Corsair, I know, I can't believe we finally had some snow while I was gone!

Trekhawk
03-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Fabulous photos. Looks like you had a great time.
Welcome back.:)