PDA

View Full Version : Mtb near Boston 3/27?

wavedancer
03-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Hi Everyone!
Just a quick check to see if anyone would be up for a little mountain bike ride in the Boston/South Shore area tomorrow. I have some errands that will put me in Braintree until noon or so, but I would love to get a ride in during the afternoon. Gotta get back on my new Titus! I was thinking of heading to either Blue Hills or Wompatuck, but am open to any other suggestions.

I know this is pretty last minute, but if anyone is interested, post here or PM me before 9 AM tomorrow (Monday).

Hope to hook up with you all soon...Gotta plan our Cape Cod ride!

Linda

Crankin
03-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Hey, I was just thinking of you... too bad I had to work. Anyway, I just started back on my mtb after being so demoralized over my lack of skills last summer. I did pretty well Sat. on some scary trails. I would love to ride with you on the Cape or around here. I guess I'm imagining the Cape having less scary trails, I'm not sure why! I would be willing to drive down for the day. Can't do this weekend, but I'm open after that. And yes, we need to plan our spring road ride.
Ladies???

wavedancer
03-28-2006, 06:29 PM
You should definitely come down this way to ride our trails sometime. I'm not that familiar with the trails off-cape to be able to compare them, but there are definitely places to ride that aren't too hairy and can help build confidence. I have been riding the Trail of Tears, some of which could bring you to tears, but a lot of fun, swoopy, not too technical single-track, too.

Monday I stopped at Wompatuck in Hingham and had a nice ride. Have only been on the trail once before (last year, on my first group "Mellow Ride" with NEMBA, during which I managed to ride off the edge of a bridge, injuring mostly my pride, but resulting in wrist tendonitis for the rest of the season). This week I got up to the same bridge and stopped like a horse refusing to cross. I made myself back up, mount up and ride across...no problem! I even managed to ride a 12-inch wide plank across a shallow mud hole without falling off.

I might try getting out on the road in the morning. It's light out at 6:00 now, but when do we set the clocks ahead? Hurray for Spring!

Linda

Crankin
03-29-2006, 02:37 PM
I don't think I could do the 12 inch plank! I have been tackling the steeper and rocky hills. I did a tiny stream crossing that took a huge amount of courage the first time. The narrow planks and bridges without rails scare me; I have bad depth perception. I am sure I can work up to it. Once it's warmer out, I won't mind falling in water.
Had to go to an appt. at 4, so no riding today. I went out for a walk, but ended up running most of the way.
I will PM you next week, so we can set up a date.

Robyn