PDA

View Full Version : Jersey brand preferences?

Kpicha
07-21-2003, 09:04 AM
Hi all,

Since some of you have been riding for quite a while, I'm guessing you've had some experience with what you like and don't like about specific brands of jerseys.

For example, I really like how soft the Pearl Izumi boulder T is but I wish there was some extra coverage in the back. Louis Garneau also feels nice but the zipper was poor quality. I have an REI shirt that I really like b/c of the styleand high quality, but the material is heavy. That's nice on cooler days but forget the middle of the summer days!

I saw some of the Precarious Bike Chick shirts on Ebay but I have no idea what the quality is like or how light the shirt really is.

What have you found to be the best options for rear coverage, lightness and overall quality?

Cheers!
Kristina

Veronica
07-21-2003, 03:09 PM
I have a performance Jersey that I really like on hot days. It covers about the same as a sleeveless polo shirt. The material is a bright yellow and kind of thin so my bra shows through. I figure everybody knows I'm wearing one anyway. ;)

I also have a Zioc sleeveless that I really like. Team Estrogen had the style on sale for a while and I wish I had bought more.

Veronica

waterlilli
07-21-2003, 03:29 PM
I really like my Shebeest jersey. The print on it is wild cheetha, but I like the fit for both riding and running. It all depends on your preference. I like that it has a zipper and pockets, but is not fitted like a regular jersey at the arms and waist. I also like my zoic Jersey and am surprised at the quality because I got a great price. Stay away from MEC shirts they snag really easy. Let us know the hunt for a jersey goes.

tinkerbell
07-22-2003, 05:25 AM
I have quite the variety of jerseys, but there are a few that I hate and a few that I like--i dislike my Pear Izumi jerseys, I have a couple, but I don't find the fabric comfortable (too thick) and they get this pooch in them that makes me look like I have a 3rd breast ;) I love my patagonia capilene jersey which is very soft and lightweight, but it does snag fairly easily and only has one little zippered pocket in the back, but it'd be great for running too, my shebeest sleveless jersey is one of my favorites--medium weight and fits like a glove. My favorite of all though are my full zip team jerseys. I like the full zip (easy on, easy off for quick changes) and the material is the perfect weight. Whatever I go for though must have lots of storage in the way of pockets in the back-- Happy shopping ;)

pedalfaster
07-22-2003, 05:43 AM
My three favorite jersey brands:
Sugoi
Louis Garneau
Voler

All of mine are team jerseys, so they are men's size small. I find that many times (sad but true) manufacturers make nicer clothing for the guys than the women-specific stuff (especially true of Castelli IME). I used to be a clothing buyer for a shop, so I have some first hand experience. The mens jerseys tend to have longer, smoother zippers and deeper pockets. Another "sleeper" brand to look at (this was covered in another thread) is the Ralph Lauren RLX line. Sounds cheesy, but after years in the garment industry ol' Ralph really knows his fabric and construction.

Lemond '02
07-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Am I the only one who is allergic to Jersey material? The only ones I can wear are Pearlizumi....everything else makes me itch the minute I put it on!

p&p woman
07-25-2003, 04:51 PM
I absolutely love love love:
Shebeest!!!!! - also I love their shorts and knickers
Sugoi - great styles
I find both these brands to be excellent in fabric, construction, zippers, and overall quality.

I have been most disappointed in Pearl Izumi (cheesy quality on some jerseys) and Primal - don't EVER buy a pair of their shorts, and don't expect a good fit on their jerseys - but the cool designs make up for it sorta.
Castelli has some great fabrics, but only for men. The women's stuff is awful.
BTW I am a size XS in women's jerseys and that makes it tough to find many things that fit.
I WISH they would make more women's team stuff. Trek has some usps and trek vw jserseys on their site. Also, if you like Cane Creek componenets they sell some team stuff on their site - EVEN bib shorts for WOMEN!! What I really want is a Corona team jersey lol.

MightyMitre
07-25-2003, 09:03 PM
Hi Lemond '02 -

Have you tried some kind of undervest to go under your jerseys. Although most jersey's don't make me itch they do feel very prickily - especailly our club kit which is made out of a fairly low- quality material. I recently bought a Sportful string undervest which not only wicks brilliantly but has taken the prickle out of all my jerseys so they're all nice and snuggly!:)

Dogmama
07-26-2003, 04:16 AM
I saw a yellow Le Tour de France jersey yesterday. It was very cool.

Terry
07-26-2003, 05:01 AM
I like the fabrics in Giordana and RLX...almost identical. Both also make XS (p&pwoman). I like the Zoic stuff, when I can find it...last year, Marshalls had a slew of the Zoic's for a great price...Zoic riding shorts have plush retro lining instead of chamios which worked just fine on a MB.

I wear other sleeveless stuff just for spin...Asics, Danskin,
Avia runners tops. Work well in case the room gets too hot and I have to throw it off down to the runner's bra level. Then, again, I like the rlx support bras because they "cover" everything well.
Terry

Kpicha
07-26-2003, 06:27 AM
Do you any of you wear men's jerseys? I only ask b/c they have so many more styles and colors to choose from. There are a lot of great styles in women's sleeveless versions but those are a no go for me. :(

Sugoi, Louis Garneau and Primal Wear run small and don't make x-larges' so that leaves out those brands. I really like the LG blue fireworks jersey but I've only seen that in sleeveless :(

Its starting to look like I need a loose cut. The jersey's will fit up top but they're tight around the middle. Apparently, my stomach hasn't realized that I've already given birth a year ago :rolleyes:

Has anyone tried Craft? They seem to run true to size and they're made in Sweden so, they must be good since Swedes make good cars. Great logic, huh? :)

And the quest continues...stay tuned for the next episode of..."As the Jersey Turns!"