PDA

View Full Version : Ironcrew Bracelets sent today..

Running Mommy
03-25-2006, 04:03 PM
For those of you who took me up on my offer of one of my silly little bracelets, I sent them out today. One even went over the pond to ms. Twilkas! I had a request from down under, but no address.. I'd be glad to get one down there if you still want it. I think it was crazy canuck..
And for those of you who may have missed the thread. I made a bunch of bracelets for my supporters or -Ironcrew- as I call them. I offered to send one to anyone who wanted to join the crew. I still have a bunch left if you would like me to send you one. Just send me a pm w/ your address and I'll get it out to you asap.
They are just silly little bracelets w/ glass beads that have my motto on them "be iron". I also made some Ironman AZ ones, so a couple of my far away friends got one of those- kinda like a souvenir. :)

And to the spam warriors- don't worry- I'm not selling them! And I'm not selling peoples addresses either! It's just for fun. :)
I would never sell out my new TE buddies!!!!! :p

Lise
03-25-2006, 04:08 PM
YAY! I'm looking forward to wearing mine proudly! Thank you, Denise, for inviting us and including us in your journey. (((((RM))))) L.

mommelisa
03-25-2006, 04:32 PM
Don't forget about me! Should I send you my address or did you save one for me??

tprevost
03-25-2006, 04:40 PM
will be checking the mailbox every day! Whoo Hooo! I'm "Official" now! :D

Thank you Denise, I'm proud to be part of your 'crew'~

Trac'

Running Mommy
03-25-2006, 05:30 PM
OMG Lise... For some reason I don't think I sent yours?? I knew I was forgetting someone! OY!! And the Chicago contingent- can't forget the chicago contingent!! I'll check my list! How could I have forgotten LISE??!! OY! I'm LOSING My MIND!! Please don't take it personal- this IS MEEEE!!!! My ironnerves are frayed!! :rolleyes:
Don't worry Melisa, I'll have some on hand for you here. BTW- I'm hosting a dinner Thurs evening before the race at Uno's in Tempe for my TNO buddies. If you want to join us your welcome to join the fun. My husband and son will be there as well.
We get our bib numbers this week! OY!!! It's SOOO real now! :eek:

Lise
03-25-2006, 08:15 PM
You've got my address, right? If I slobber on my mailbox for toooo long, it'll rust! :p L.

Running Mommy
03-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Ok, so batch #2- INCLUDING LISE :D went out today. Even got C-mac in at the last moment. Literally caugh the mail guy in action....
Oh my oh my, it's getting CLOSE! I'm starting to not just have nervous episodes, but I'm pretty much on edge constantly now! I keep forgetting things, can't concentrate. OY! All this angst for a silly little race!!! My first marathon didn't even do this to me?! Go figure!! :p
Doesn't help that I've suddenly discovered 3 other people in my hood that are racing! Saturday one of them said something about the nice weather and when I remarked "yeah I just hope it's this way in two weeks!" he said "Your doing IM too?? So are we!!!" So now everytime I see one of them we have to stop and kibbetz (sp? my yiddish is horrible) about the race...

ladyfish
03-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Thanks Denise! I'm proudly wearing my "Be Iron" bracelet. I'll "Be" thinking of you from now until the race. Great race day vibes in the works!!!

Is there any stations that might be broadcasting the event? Let us know!!!

Running Mommy
03-27-2006, 04:21 PM
WOW! That came fast! I just sent them Saturday. Holy smokes, the mail literally FLEW to you! :D
Of course when it's something you really really need- no dice! It takes FOREVER!! :p

tprevost
03-27-2006, 06:20 PM
How cool are these??!?!?!?!? My 6 year old wants to take his to school for sharing! Very cute Denise, we will wear them proudly :D

Tracy

Running Mommy
03-27-2006, 07:01 PM
I was going to email you to see if you had boys, girls, or a combo and never did... Glad I made them sorta "gender neutral" for the kiddies. heh heh heh
My son had me make him one as well! I would think boys would run the other way at the sight of a beaded bracelet?? Go FIGURE?!:D
Glad ya like them. I make them as my way of keeping my mind off the atters at hand! lol

tprevost
03-27-2006, 07:09 PM
the "cool kid" bracelets we got were blue and red so they work just fine :D Hopefully they won't be completely worn out before we get there! ;)

T~

Lise
03-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Cracks me up that three other people in your neighborhood are doing it and you never knew! How great to have people to discuss every little detail with. Did you say silly-little-race?! Oh no you didn't!!! Whacks with wet noodle! ;) Sounds to me like you're acting iron-normal at this point! The night before I ran the marathon, I looked at my training log and thought, "This is all lies. I did not run these miles." Sigh. Madness.

You are an Iron-soon-to-be, and the crazies are all part of it. Hang in there. Looking forward to my bracelet! L.

CorsairMac
03-28-2006, 12:25 PM
woohooo I'm on nins and peedles until mine gets here!! I keep telling ppl I know an Ironwoman - NOW I'll have something to SHOW them! Thanks RM - keeping you in my thoughts!

Running Mommy
03-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Now C-mac... Don't go JINXING me!! I'm still a "wanna be" or a "gonna be" depending on my ironman swim fear laced mood at the time! :eek:
I was thinking today how the one thing that is going to get me through the race is knowing that I have a ton of people keeping track of me on Ironmanlive.com. And that Tracy drove her and the kiddies all the way from so cal to see silly old me race! I can't quit, I won't quit, I'm gonna be tough :mad: :mad: :mad: ... If they kick me in the face in the swim I'll whack em back!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
You know I actually did that at a race I did last year. They started the women 35 and over right before the youngin boys 18-24!!! So of course all these young pups swam up and over me exactly 3 minutes after we started! grrr :mad: :mad: But I decided to hold my ground and not be intimidated. So I whacked em back and gave a few strong kicks backwards and I did just fine TYVM!! In fact I PR'd the swim!!! :D
Like my mad dog strong ironman lady faces??@!! grr... go get em girl!!!

Nanci
03-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Gorgeous! Thank you so much!!

Talk about freaking out- today I decided I needed new gel gloves, and ordered three pairs to evaluate.

Then I barely resisted ordering a pair of $99 Castelli knickers when I found out my Ex Ondo $130 good luck knickers were on backorder. If I had a credit card with room, though...

I have a bag packed with four outfits, including my Secret Sister socks.

Every time I do anything at work- push a heavy bed, jump off an x-ray table, lift a patient, I think "I shouldn't have done that! I could hurt myself!"

I installed a new knob on my bedroom door Sunday. I thought it would take ten minutes. Well it took two hours, and in the process, I locked myself in the bedroom, and had to jump out the window, and then was locked out of the house. Thank God we have a lock box. I didn't even think about hurting my knee or anything else, till I realized in horror what I had done, after I'd done it!

My bike's been to the shop twice in the last two weeks. I've never had a wheel trued in my life, until now! No, I want _gel pads_ under my gel bar tape! Redo it! I am the princess!!!

I won't let sick co-workers come anywhere near me.

I have a daily inspection for potential ingrown hairs, _down there_, which I visciously attack if detected.

Last night my feet hurt. I went to bed with icepacks in slippers, until I froze.

I estimated that I would be burning 16,500 calories, and ate two and a half disgusting Publix frosted cookies.

I am considering carrying the Happy Tushie saddle as a back up, even though it doesn't really fit me. (Too wide in the nose. But if I get the "wasp nest" deal going again, it might be nice to have an alternate!)

I definitely have the freaking out covered for _this_ week. You can relax.

Nanci

Running Mommy
03-28-2006, 04:49 PM
WOW!! You sound JUST like me!! I just haven't told anyone about my freak outs!! Of course your freak out will end this weekend! I have ANOTHER week of freaking out to do. As soon as the bib numbers are released I know I'm going to be toast! And then next wednesday when the ironman frenzy begins... OY VEY! Spicy meataball!!! It's gonna be ugly kids!! :eek:
Ok so here has been my freak out for the last 24-36 hours....
Yesterday, realized that I could prolly use and will really need one of those new tyr insulated swim caps to wear under my race cap. So off on a wild spree looking for that online.
Spent the better part of the day questioning my training and kibbetzing about how I did hardly any run training compared to the training I usually do for marathons. Is it gonna be enough?? Will my legs seize at mile 18 on the run?? Will I MAKE it to the run....:eek:
Wondered aimlessly around the house thinking how I needed to clean it, but not having the mental capacity to take on such a chore.:confused:
Checked IMAZ website a billion times for bib numbers full well knowing they won't be out till later in the week..
Fed my child all the leftover sugar items in the house for a snack just so they wouldn't tempt me. Trying to watch diet as the volume is down and I feel like I'm getting fatter by the minute. meanwhile I'm not going to be winning any mother of the year awards! lol
Looked in mirror while squeezing lardo into my lycra.. I think I'm bloated! Ugh! Carbs will do that to ya!
called Uno's and made reservations for the TNO dinner I'm hosting the thurs before the race. When the guy said "ok, we'll see you next week" I almost dropped the phone.. uhh yeah..
realized that my itb is really starting to complain after my ride.... No run off the bike tonight. ugh.. ice, stretch, advil, repeat...
This morning I woke up and said ITB still bothering me. Wondered around for 3 hours trying to decide if I should run. Decided to run 3, felt good at 3 and wanted to keep going. Reminded myself that this week it's all about keeping the fitness while recovering from the long stuff and getting stronger. Reminded myself that Tracy is coming all the way from LA, so I better at least make it to the starting line..
Went to the pool and had the desk lady call me "Ironlady!!" Told her not yet! She said I already looked nervous.. thanks... I think ??:confused:
Came home and had email from IMNA about the kids program. Everytime I get an email from them my heart goes into my gut! because it says "Dear Ironman Athlete"
Realized that I had NOT gotten an email from TE saying that they have shipped my wetsuit, so getting nervous. Usually they are so prompt! OH MAN if they are out of stock I am screwed!!
Got the email from the swim place saying they HAD shipped my cap! YIPPEE!!
Got a package from trisports w/ all my last minute goodies- race belt, chip strap, etc... Nerves hit once again...
Take more advil for ITB.
Have neighbor tell me at the mailbox "hey I saw the road closure signs for the race. WOW it's getting close huh??"....
Uhhh yeah....

So that has been my freak out mode... I think your sounds worse. Though I TOTALLY understand! Remember what that one bracelet said " You CAN do this!"
Ciao!
Denise
P.S. You know thinking about all my freaking out, it really *is* silly! I mean it's just a big catered long training day right?? :p

Running Mommy
03-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Oh yeah.. and the husband who has NEVER had the stomach flu in the 13 years we have been married- got sick! Sunday he was a mess all day! Mostly just lower stuff, no throwing up. But still!! I haven't let him touch me in three days! I think I need a bubble!! :D

Nanci
03-28-2006, 05:23 PM
This is what Lulu Weschler, the goddess of ultramarathon cycling and physical therapist and Furnace Creek 508 and RAM finisher and researcher and publisher of all things about hyponatremia told me about ITB:

A: Make sure your cleat isn't pointing your toe in.

B: Move cleat to the inside of your shoe.

C: Put a shim between your pedal and crank.

In order of severity- do only what you need, but keep it in the back of your mind just in case. ICE.

Nanci

PS, Wannabe, whatever.

Yoda: Do, or do not. There is no try.

It doesn't always get worse.

Pain is weakness leaving your body.

Start slow, and taper off.

And last but not least, the South Park song: (This is my secret last defense, sing as you are running in extreme pain, watch the movie if you don't know the tune- but don't let your kid see it!) (This got me through a 50k trail run, with severe ITB- my first experience with it!) (It was the "you can do it, it's all up to you, mmmkay, you canb do it, you can change your life today!" part that was the most meaningful to me, though it is a very catchy tune!)

Mr. Mackey: There are times when you get suckered in
By drugs and alchohol and sex with women-mmkay
But its when you do these things too much
That you've become an addict and must get back in touch
You can do it Its all up to you-mmmmmkay
With a little plan you can change your life tooo-day
You dont have to spend your life addicted to smack
Homeless on the streets giving handjobs for crack
Follow my plan and very soon you will see-eeyy, its easy mmkay

Step 1: Instead of a** say buns, like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns hole"

Step 2: Instead of sh*t say poo, as in "bull poo", "poo head" and this "poo is cold"

Step 3: With ***** drop the t because bich is latin for generosity

Step 4: Dont say fu*k any more because fu*k is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Children: We can do it its all up to us-mmmkay (mmmkay)
With a little plan we can change our lives tooo-day
Mr, Mackey: you can change it today
Everyone: We don't have to spend our lives shootin up in the trash
Homeless on the streets giving handjobs for cash
Follow this plan and very soon you will see-eey
Its easy mmkay!

Mr. Mackey: Step 1 Children: Instead of a** say buns, like kiss my buns or
you're a buns hole

Mr. Mackey: Step 2 Children: Instead of sh*t say poo, as in bull poo, poo head and
this poo is cold

Mr. Mackey: Step 3 Children: With ***** drop the t because bich is latin for
generosity

Mr. Mackey: Step 4 Children: Dont say fu*k any more

Everyone: Cuz fu*k is the worst word that you can say
Children: Fu*k is the worst word that you can say
We shouldn't say fu*k, no we shouldn't say fu*k, fu*k nooooo!!!
Mr. Mackey: Your cured, you can go!
Everyone: We don't have to spend our lives shootin up in the trash
homeless on the streets giving handjobs for cash
Follow this plan and very soon you will saaay
Its easy mmmkay!
Children: It's easy mmmkay!
Mr. Mackey: It's easy mmmkay!
Children: It's easy mmmkay!
Mr. Mackey: It's easy mmmkaaaaaaaayy
Children: It's easy mmm
It's easy mmm
It's easy mmm
It's easy mmmkaaaay
(both finish at same time)
(laughing)
Mr. Mackey: Mmmkay
Mmmkay
Mmmkay

Lise
03-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Oh, girl, you've done this swim! Many times! Yeah, protect the space around you, have a sense of humor, as you always do, and you'll do great! You're right, so many people will be thinking of you and cheering for you. And the energy of the race will be all around you. L.

Nanci
03-29-2006, 10:58 AM
You will be pleased to know that I could no longer control my FREAKING OUT about having to wear the same shorts for 40 hours, and have ordered the Castelli knickers, only now I get to pay for overnight instead of second day!! The good news is, even though I surveyed the entire TE catalog, there was nothing else I couldn't live without.

Nanci

CorsairMac
03-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Now C-mac... Don't go JINXING me!! I'm still a "wanna be" or a "gonna be" depending on my ironman swim fear laced mood at the time! :eek:
I was thinking today how the one thing that is going to get me through the race is knowing that I have a ton of people keeping track of me on Ironmanlive.com. And that Tracy drove her and the kiddies all the way from so cal to see silly old me race! I can't quit, I won't quit, I'm gonna be tough :mad: :mad: :mad: ... If they kick me in the face in the swim I'll whack em back!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
You know I actually did that at a race I did last year. They started the women 35 and over right before the youngin boys 18-24!!! So of course all these young pups swam up and over me exactly 3 minutes after we started! grrr :mad: :mad: But I decided to hold my ground and not be intimidated. So I whacked em back and gave a few strong kicks backwards and I did just fine TYVM!! In fact I PR'd the swim!!! :D
Like my mad dog strong ironman lady faces??@!! grr... go get em girl!!!

Holy Smoked Salmon (it's Lent after all) I couldn't Live with myself if I jinxed you - I'd have to go smack Surlygirl or something to make me feel better! ;)
as an ex-swimmer - we used to pull on their feet as they passed over us rudely, ain't nothing gonna break a rhythm worse then pulling on someone's foot as they're swimming!

I have no doubts for you RM - the fact you're even gonna "attempt" this already puts you way above and beyond the avg bear and don't you ever lose sight of that! I am honoured to say I know you - in whatever capacity that is!

Running Mommy
03-29-2006, 01:30 PM
ya think I can grab those fast feet and just HOLD on for a ride???:D
Wonder if anyone would notice if I attached a string to one of the fast fishies?? heh heh heh
Sad thing is, I actually thought about that when I was sloggin out the laps in the pool the other day. lol

Selkie
03-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Thank you, Mz. RunningMommy, for the BEAUTIFUL bracelet. I loved your letter -- girl, you are an inspiration and you look fantastic in your photos. On the 9th, I will be sending lots of good karma out your way. Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

By the way, I honestly think you could market these bracelets, if you were so inclined.

Lise
03-29-2006, 03:10 PM
I got mine today! I'm oncall tonight, so I'll wear them to the hospital, and do some pre-emptive bragging about my amazing Iron-soon-to-be friend. They are beautiful. And you sure could market them. Maybe next year? Thank you so much. I especially love the "(heart) to tri" one. Because I do. Love to tri. And you've taken it to the highest level there is for girls like us.

Did you ever dream you'd be a hero? Cuz you are already.

Taper on, sister! :D Lise

CorsairMac
03-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Well RM my friend - guess what was in my mailbox today! I put it on before I had even taken off my cycling clothes! and the letter - What a true inspiration. you need to change you iron wanna be line to match these awesome bracelets!! and you better betcha you'll be right there in the forefront of my thoughts on the 9th! YOU ROCK ON SISTER!

Running Mommy
03-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Thank you guys! (eerr girlzzzz).. You made me smile tonight! I really hope that someday I get to meet each and every one of you in person. So *I* can thank you for giving me the positive vibes I needed to believe that I *could* do it!
I can't wait to get out there and knock the socks off that course. I may not look like the typical Ironman athlete, but thanks to you guys I have the confidence to stand proud and know in my heart that I DO BELONG!!
cheers!!
Denise

DirtDiva
04-01-2006, 02:18 AM
My wrist is being iron as we speak (er, type). :D

Surlygirl
04-01-2006, 06:32 AM
Holy Smoked Salmon (it's Lent after all) I couldn't Live with myself if I jinxed you - I'd have to go smack Surlygirl or something to make me feel better! ;)
!

Hey what did I do? :confused:
And here I thought we would be good drinking buddies and even said so in the kid on bike thread. I'm crushed CorsairMac. :p

CorsairMac, whatever do you mean woman? I have a feeling you and I are kindred spirits and would have a great time having a drink together. :D