PDA

View Full Version : Smoooth Ride!

Sparky
03-25-2006, 08:53 AM
Purchased a trek pilot 5.2 spa week ago. I've only gotten to ride 60 miles. I wanted to get in a long ride today but it is windy & snowing so I thought I'd share my new bike with all of you. I would recommended it to anyone who is considering it or any other "spa" bike. Trek has pilot 2.1 spa & klein may have spa models also. The ride is so smooth. You see a crack or bump in the road, your gut instinct is to jump on the pedals & get ready but it just sort of glides over it you feel a little bounce. I guess "bounce" works, kind of hard to describe the feel. The more upright position is different than my other bike. Changed to narrower & different handlebars also a shorter stem than was stock. The seat HAS to go, have one on order.

withm
03-25-2006, 04:33 PM
I bought a Pilot 5.2 in August. You are right - the seat was the first to go. Unfortunately it took 5 seats before I landed on the Terry Butterfly - and a lot of painful miles till I got to that stage. Now the bike is about as close to heaven as I can imagine. All I want to do is ride.

Sadly today - rain, wind all day and more tomorrow, with snow showers overnight. This is almost April, can't we ever get a break from this wind and cold weather?