PDA

View Full Version : Wanna get Inspired tri girls??

Running Mommy
03-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Here is an email I got from the maker of the documentary titled "what it takes". If you want to watch the trailer go to peterreid.com and under the column "latest updates" on the left side you will seee "what it takes movie" click on that for the coolest trailer ever! I swear it will get you movin!!

"It isn’t popular because it’s easy. It’s hard - ridiculously hard! Winning the Ironman world championship takes talent, dedicated work, and guts – and then mysterious other qualities. Ready for a movie about the quest? Check out an early copy of the trailer.

We're almost done with “What It Takes”, the story of 4 elite triathletes and their quests for glory. This new documentary combines human drama, furious athletic action, and top-quality cinematography to present a rare and entertaining peek behind the scenes of one of the world's fast-growing sports. Shot across 3 continents over a year-long period with a cinematic look and feel (24 frames per second, in widescreen format), it focuses on Peter Reid, Heather Fuhr, Lori Bowden, and Luke Bell, who together have won 6 world championships and 36 Ironman triathlons.

Filming began in November, 2004, and followed the athletes through the 2005 Ironman championships, held in Hawaii last October. Now nearing the end of editing and post-production, “What It Takes” will be available soon through several distribution channels. Follow Peter, Heather, Lori, and Luke as they go through offseason rest and base training, injuries, the ups and downs of competitive racing, interactions with fans and sponsors, the challenges of balancing personal lives against the rigors of training at the elite level, and finally, the psychological tension and physical strain of competing against the world’s best triathletes in a one-day showdown on the lava fields of Hawaii.

Sign up at the “What It Takes” Web site for future updates, and stay tuned! Feel free to forward this to friends who might be interested, too."

Regards –

Peter Han
Director of “What It Takes”

Lise
03-24-2006, 01:43 PM
This sounds incredible! I'll check out the trailer when I've got a bit more time. Have to go get pretty for my date tonight! :) :rolleyes: L.

Nanci
03-24-2006, 02:02 PM
I don't know Luke, but I am familiar with the others. I kind of love Peter Reid :-) Let us know when the DVD comes out!

Nanci

Running Mommy
03-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Ohhhh a DATE??? Do tell? By now you should be back, or maybe not- if it was really good!! :D

Lise
03-25-2006, 07:14 AM
I'm back now! :D A very cool guy--so far, so good. Again, I say :D ! L.

Running Mommy
03-25-2006, 08:56 AM
YAY!!!!!!!! My fingers are crossed for ya! Hope it works out!1 :D :D :D

Nanci
03-27-2006, 01:43 AM
RM, I know who her new love is!!! She gave it away in the new bike thread! Go Lise!! That's almost as nice as a car mechanic or an electrician!

Nanci

Lise
03-27-2006, 03:26 AM
Whoops! No! I was kidding about Dennis! (Can you believe I'm blushing, sitting at the computer? Blondes. What can you do?)

The guy I'm dating is Jeff. He's an architect, and for two years played pro baseball, which is sexier to me than being an architect, which is, in itself, pretty cool.

But, I stood there listening to Dennis of the LBS talk about these bikes, and then rode the Bianchi, I thought, this is second only to sex. I wonder if Dennis is single...:p I love him for helping me find this bike, and for caring so much about fitting it for me just right. I love a man who says, "With your long legs..." I know this is a professional relationship. I know I'm paying him. But still, I'm soaking it up. I'm telling you, I got the shivers when he was talking about this bike.

Heeeheee! I must admit that dating the bike guy would be pretty cool. But then I'd know that other women (like me) were mixing up their feelings of desire for the bike with desire for my guy! :rolleyes: L.

Running Mommy
03-27-2006, 06:05 AM
That is one things I'd NEVER hear!!! "with your long legs"...... HA!! It's more like "with your short stumpy legs"... HA HA HA
Ray my bike guy called my legs my "little power houses" He goes, "I can just see the power in those babies! You are one strong girl!"
Too bad when I'm riding they just look FAT! :cool:

You got the "shivers" ohh that is SOOOOOOO southern!! :D How cute is that?! He sounds kinda like my dentist. I have perhaps the hottest dentist on the planet! But he's *my dentist*.... The world is just not fair sometimes! ha ha :p
A former pro ball player eh?? GO LISE!!!!!

tprevost
03-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Ohhh Lise,

He (Jeff) sounds very interesting.... ;) I can't wait to hear more!!!!! You are too funny about the bike shop guy - although, I think I'd be feeling the same way; love those compliments!

And RM, leave the dentist alone :D hee hee! Oh by the way, if you ever need a Chiropractor there's one in Scottsdale who is a god... adonis... absolutely gorgeous... YUM!!!

T~

mommelisa
03-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Ohhh Lise,
He (Jeff) sounds very interesting.... ;) I can't wait to hear more!!!!! You are too funny about the bike shop guy - although, I think I'd be feeling the same way; love those compliments!

And RM, leave the dentist alone :D hee hee! Oh by the way, if you ever need a Chiropractor there's one in Scottsdale who is a god... adonis... absolutely gorgeous... YUM!!!
T~

OK - wait - Lise - you live in Chicago and you're dating an architect named Jeff??? Can I ask approximately how old he is? When I was in college, there was a man who worked out at the gym I worked at, who was an architect that moved to Chicago. Wouldn't that be too small a world if it was the same person? The only thing I'm not sure about is the baseball. Sounds like a keeper, though, give us old married gals the scoop!!

And Trac - who is the chiropractor?? I live in Scottsdale - I'll have to go check him out! LOL!

Lise
03-27-2006, 11:28 AM
He's 48. I don't think he's lived in AZ, but what do I know? Do tell if this rings any bells!

mommelisa
03-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Last name start with a D?

Lise
03-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Nope. That would've been wierd.

I went on a date a few months ago with another man I met online. It wasn't fireworks, but it wasn't bad, so I thought I'd go out to dinner with him one more time and see how it felt. He lives in the same suburb of Chgo as my sister. I told her about him, including a "funny" story he'd told me about being in a movie theater in their town.

My normally pretty calm sister interrupted me, asking, "Is he tall? Blonde?" Yes. "About 45 years old?" Yes. "YOU MUST NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN!!!" Why??? Appearantly he had made a scene, screaming at the theater manager for 10 minutes, with my sister in the lobby, waiting to buy her popcorn. WHOA! You'd best believe I did not go on that second date with him. Watch your behavior at all times. You never know who's watching, and what it might cost you later!

tprevost
03-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Melisa,

http://www.wellnessdoc.com/pcnh_main.htm

- Alan Palmer... very cute. You should go just to check him out ;)

Trac'

mommelisa
03-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Melisa,
http://www.wellnessdoc.com/pcnh_main.htm
- Alan Palmer... very cute. You should go just to check him out ;)
Trac'

OMG! Tracy! I've known him for years and my dh has known him even longer! He (and my dh) used to belong to this group of guys in Scottsdale called the Bad Boys of Scottsdale. They were in their early 20's and thought they were so bad, if you know what I mean. Alan married a woman he met during that time, and they have four kids and live just north of us - probably only a mile away! Is that so funny??? What a small world!

tprevost
03-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Melisa!!!

What a small world indeed! I just think he is SO cute - and the bod is pretty cool too! ;) My guy friend who referred me to him (who is VERY straight) even referred to him as a 'god'. I think I was going to him in the early 90's when I first moved to Scottsdale. Boy, I am getting SO OLD!

Trac'

mommelisa
03-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Nope. That would've been wierd.

Lise! It would have been too weird! Ah, well, you know that game, Six Degrees to Kevin Bacon, I'm sure we have some connection somewhere! :p

mommelisa
03-28-2006, 09:55 AM
Melisa!!!

What a small world indeed! I just think he is SO cute - and the bod is pretty cool too! ;) My guy friend who referred me to him (who is VERY straight) even referred to him as a 'god'. I think I was going to him in the early 90's when I first moved to Scottsdale. Boy, I am getting SO OLD!

Trac'

This is so funny! I showed your post to my husband and he just laughed! They all thought they were so hot back then in the late 80's/early 90's. I want to say Allan and his wife have been married since then, maybe. She's very sweet and they have two boys and two girls. I think the last one was born in their spa at home!!

You're not OLD! Old is a state of mind!!