PDA

View Full Version : Just Visiting

bikerHen
03-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Looks like I will be visiting North Carolina July 19 - 25. I would love to do some local riding. We are visiting my sister and Dad in Wadesboro, NC which about 50 miles due east of Charlotte. Any good riding in that area? Is this the really hot and muggy time of year? Is there any where to rent a bike? Would love to hear from any of you NC girls. :D BikerHen

Blueberry
03-23-2006, 06:38 AM
Welcome to NC, BikerHen! Mid July is likely to be hot and muggy, though it might not be too bad - August is the *really* bad month to me. I would say plan on 85-95 degrees and 70+ % humidity.

You're not going to be in an area I'm too familiar with - I know there's at least one TE person from Charlotte, so hopefully she will chime in with more info for you, or maybe one of the SC gals;) If you happen to make it up to Raleigh/Durham give me a shout! We seem to be low on TE people around here, and I'd love to go for a ride:)

Carrie Anne

bouncybouncy
03-23-2006, 06:47 AM
just wanted to say "have fun!!!"

i am in the western side where the hills are and i am new too so i am no help to you what-so-ever...but i wanted to put in a little welcome from my new place called home!!!