PDA

View Full Version : LRRH - costumes?

CyclaSutra
03-21-2006, 07:57 PM
I know it's a little early for this ... but if we're talking lodging, we have to already be brainstorming what to wear, right?

Is anybody shooting for a costume? THere IS a contest... there's a pic from 2004 on the Web site of two ladies sporting fairy wings. Those are nice, but maybe not so aerodynamically friendly? (This from a woman who has biked long distances bearing a large foam cross on her back or a lampshade on her head.)

Anyhoo. Just starting the thought process.

SadieKate
03-21-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm going to be very original and go as . . . me.:rolleyes: Just not the costume type.

Veronica
03-22-2006, 03:44 AM
No costume for me - I hope to sporting a DMD jersey. :D

V.

jobob
03-22-2006, 04:27 AM
I'll wear my Amici Veloci jersey (assuming it still fits)

Tater
03-22-2006, 06:18 AM
Just the usual shorts and jersey for me.

AuntieK
03-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Well...I had wanted to dress up, but everyone around me is like, "The HORROR!" :eek:
So I guess to only dressing up I'm doing will be my TE tatoo (and jersey & shorts, of course).

I love the fact that everyone is doing so much early planning about this. I like it when things are thought through well in advance.

bikerHen
03-22-2006, 02:14 PM
I kinda like costumes too, but not for riding. Can anyone think of something simple we could do/wear before the ride? You know for the photo-opt angle? BikerHen

yellow
03-22-2006, 02:37 PM
I have "issues" with calling attention to my physical self, therefore I am not a wearer of costumes, exposer of midriff, or anything that might cause someone I don't know to look at me for more than a few seconds. Most of my wardrobe is black with a few earth-tone colored pieces thrown in. :p

And since I plan on wearing my Amici Veloci jersey at LRRH, I'll "blend in", right?

snapdragen
03-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Geez guys, at least put something on your helmets.......:D

snap "dresses up for any occasion" dragen

I'm going to have to see if I can find some Little Red Riding Hood goodies out there...

Lifesgreat
03-22-2006, 06:44 PM
I am up for a pre-race dressup, but it would depend on the costume. . . :o I thought of wearing a red riding hood costume, but I am afraid the cape would get caught in the bike. I can forgo shaving my legs and be the wolf :) (I can't believe I just said that)