PDA

View Full Version : LRRH - Bubba's Bike Hauling Service

SadieKate
03-18-2006, 04:57 PM
We actually have a definite on the bike hauling capacity of the trailer now - 10. We might be able to get creative and find space for an 11th but don't count on it.

1) Sarah
2) Bubba
3) Veronica
4) Kim
5) Jobob
6) Marty
7) CindySue ???
8) Cyndi?? (yellow's friend)
9) Yau ?? (Cyndi's friend)
10) ???

Do I have everyone? Missing anyone? Tprevost, what are your plans? Yellow, anyone else I forgot?

Tentative plans are to drive out to SLC on Thursday, June 1, so we'll need your bikes before that. Bikes will be driven back to California probably on Monday, we haven't decided. Personally, I'm pushing for Monday.

Bikes will be kept at Bill's mom's house in SLC and will be driven to Wellsville in time for the start of the century ride.

TrekHawk, you still driving out with the family?

RIDER TRANSPORTATION PLANS
1) Sarah - probably driving with Bubba to keep him company
2) Bubba - driving
3) Veronica - flying
4) Kim - ?
5) Jobob - ?
6) Marty -?
7) CindySue ???
8) Cyndi??
9) Yau??
10) ???

I assume everyone has thought about their ground transportation from SLC to their hotel and the ride? Rental carpooling or whatever?

I'll just keep updating these lists as everyone responds.

tprevost
03-18-2006, 05:38 PM
SadieKate,

Thank you so much for checking on me! I'm driving part way Thursday and will arrive Friday. Since I'm coming from a different direction, I can't take advantage of Bubba's Bike Hauling Service:( ! You guys are really great though, I really appreciate you're checking w/me!!!!! :D

I'm such a goober because the ride is 2+ months away and I just can't wait to meet everyone! :D I'm sure that means I need to get a life huh????

Trac'

yellow
03-18-2006, 05:51 PM
I have a message in to my friend Cyndi. Her friend, Yau, is the other person. Hopefully she'll contact you about it soon. I urged her to anyhow!

SadieKate
03-18-2006, 05:56 PM
UPDATED THROUGH YELLOW'S POST.

Does anyone know who "Live2Bike" in Placerville is? I can't find her real name so who knows if she is part of "us."

Yellow, did Lora contact you? I can't find her business card. Crud.

yellow
03-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Yellow, did Lora contact you? I can't find her business card. Crud.
Negative. But it is only mid-March and still winter-like here (for short periods anyhow). My phone hardly ever rings. :(

I thought about riding today (that is, I had a thought or two about it) but then got distracted by the thought of skating on new snow tomorrow.

Trekhawk
03-19-2006, 07:10 AM
SadieKate - thanks for checking. Yep Im driving up with the clan. Hmm will need to ride a century just for some peace and quiet after a road trip with the kids.:D

aka_kim
03-19-2006, 07:26 AM
TIA for hauling my bike, SK!

I'll be flying to SLC. Jobob and I are talking about renting a car, and speaking for myself, will be happy to share the rental with anyone else who might have roughly the same arrival/departure schedule (which is still TBD, but probably Fri - Sun ?).

SadieKate
04-05-2006, 07:28 AM
We now have all spots taken on the trailer. Don't forget your confirmation number.:rolleyes:

TRAILER RESERVATIONS
1) Sarah
2A) Veronica (will be put on Yellow's car in SLC
2B) CindySue (Cindy will bring to SLC and meet us at Hotel MIL)
3) Kim
4) Jobob
5) Marty
6) Cyndi
7) Yao
8) Lora B
9) Friend of Lora B
10) Friend of Lora B

RIDER TRANSPORT
1) Sarah - chauffeured Bike Bus
2A) Veronica - flying
2B) CindySue - driving
3) Kim - flying
4) Jobob - chauffeured Bike Bus
5) Marty - flying
6) Cyndi - flying
7) Yao - flying
8) Lora B -?
9) Friend of Lora B -?
10) Friend of Lora B -?

SadieKate
05-19-2006, 08:14 AM
It's getting close!

jobob
05-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Aw crud, did I really need to sign up for the 100 mile ? :eek:

oy

SadieKate
05-19-2006, 02:07 PM
There she goes sandbagging again. Anyone who rode up Mines Rd in that heat has nothing to worry about. I'm paying your whining no nevermind.:rolleyes:

jobob
05-19-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm paying your whining no nevermind.:rolleyes: Eh, why start now? ;)

SadieKate
05-30-2006, 08:02 AM
A couple of spots have opened up. Anyone want them?

Lora (who had the spots) also has a room at the Crystal Inn in Logan for Friday and Saturday night. I told her I'd email her today since she's holding the room in case someone wants it. I should probably let her know ASAP.

TRAILER RESERVATIONS
1) Sarah
2) Veronica
3) CindySue (Cindy will bring to SLC and meet us at Hotel MIL)
4) Kim
5) Jobob
6) Marty
7) Cyndi
8) Yau Ming
9) OPEN
10) OPEN

Anyone want those last two spots?

yellow
05-30-2006, 08:09 AM
SadieKate! Hmmmm...seems to me you could take a couple of extra days off and BRING YOUR MOUNTAIN BIKES! I'm sure my friend here would let Jo borrow her mt bike.

I mean, since you missed Bend & all. Just a thought. :rolleyes:

SadieKate
05-31-2006, 07:31 AM
Lora (who had the spots) also has a room at the Crystal Inn in Logan for Friday and Saturday night. I told her I'd email her today since she's holding the room in case someone wants it. I should probably let her know ASAP.I didn't hear from anyone so I'll tell Lora to go ahead and cancel.

snapdragen
05-31-2006, 11:24 AM
Haven't you people left yet? How are we supposed to talk about you, if you don't leave?

Who's bringing a computer so you can keep in touch with us? There's always text messages via cellphone.....hourly reports should suffice.:D

cindysue
05-31-2006, 09:12 PM
Haven't you people left yet? How are we supposed to talk about you, if you don't leave? Who's bringing a computer so you can keep in touch with us? There's always text messages via cellphone.....hourly reports should suffice.:D

I'll have a computer, but not sure about internet access..........

yellow
06-01-2006, 05:19 AM
Ummmm...hellooooo! I live here! Will post report(s) and pictures as they surface.

Over & out.