PDA

View Full Version : RM, how ya doin'?

Lise
03-17-2006, 11:33 AM
(Try to hear that with a Chicago accent. Which I don't really have. But trying to lend some regional flavor :p )

But seriously, how are you doing? Feeling better, I hope. Keep us posted. (((RM))) L.

Running Mommy
03-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Hangin in Lise- thanks. I was actually at the zoo all day w/ my son and my neighbors kids. They had a blast, so my day was made. I just love seeing kids enjoying life. And my neighbors kids are the best! Well behaved, appreciative.

I'm feeling better as well, but I still have thick spit- if you know what I mean. I know.... eeeeeewwwwwww GROSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! :D
But it makes for a fun time swimming! I tried to do my 2 hour swim today but gave up after an hour. I kept having to stop and hack at the end of the pool. LOVELY!! :p But I'm sure it was viral because it is getting better.
I'm just trying to steel myself for the 6.45 hours I'll be on the trainer tomorrow. It's my last 100 miler and my husband has to work both days! Since my babysitter is the sister to the little one in the hospital I'm out of options! Also it's suppose to be rainy and windy tomorrw. With a chance of thunderstorms... sooooo.... Here I go. WHEEEE!!!
I don't think I have enough races stored on my dvd for that! UGH!!
My plan is to get off the bike evey hour for a minute to give my butt a rest. I figure if I break up my ride into 1 hour increments it'll be easier to handle. If nothing it'll help w/ the mental aspect. Hey, thats how alot of IMAZ'ers in northern states are doing it.. Sigh.. I CAN do it!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Thats my mad dog training face! hee hee:D

Lise
03-17-2006, 06:42 PM
YEAH! Mad dog training face! 6.45 hours on the trainer. Good on you. I am glad to hear that you're feeling better, and that you didn't have to stress your body out any further with antibiotics.
How long do you think the swim will take you? What are you estimating for your total race time? I remain in awe. L.

crazycanuck
03-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Hey denise,

Good to hear you're feeling better. 6.45hrs on the trainer...TOUGH Face indeed.

Ás you say, mental toughness dear, mental toughness.

What day is the event??? Any chickies from here going to see you??

Í'll try and send you a good luck message again before the event.

Take care

c

Nanci
03-18-2006, 04:11 AM
The race is April 9th. We should be able to watch her progress on the Internet. I think they even stream the finishing line. That'd be pretty cool, huh?

RM, good luck on the trainer, glad to hear you're feeling better. I will soak up some fresh air for you.

Nanci

VenusdeVelo
03-18-2006, 05:51 AM
:eek:
6 hours on the trainer???? You're my new HERO-ine!!!!!

tprevost
03-18-2006, 06:22 AM
I, for one, am driving over to watch Denise! I'm dragging my kidletts and going to try to hang near the transition and then the finish to see her come in! We'll have to see how that all goes because my boys are 4 and 6 so things don't always work out like I want them too!

I think Mommelisa is coming to watch too! We're gonna be Denise's cheering section!!!!:D :D :D :D

Tracy

ps. Denise, hang tough today, its the last long trainer day!!!