PDA

View Full Version : Could I be a biker?

waterlilli
07-13-2003, 11:28 AM
I did my yearly triathlon yesterday and was surprised/a little mad at myself. I could not believe that my best leg was the bike, I felt good and rode strong, and coming from near last (hehe) it was kind of fun to pass people. Also I got to borrow an awesome road bike Softride, which helped from last years mt bike. The run should have been my strong leg, but I just pooped it up?! Oh well maybe I will train next year, learn to swim perhaps. It is an interesting race that really puts things into perspective for me.

elevenpointfive
07-17-2003, 07:46 AM
Go, Waterlilli! :) Sorry you're disappointed with the other legs, but I'm not sorry you had a blast on the bike. Sounds like you did great. The more bike grrls around here, the merrier. :D

MightyMitre
07-21-2003, 03:10 AM
Congrats on the triathlon Waterlilli - Keep working on that cycling. I've heard that for a lot of triathletes it's often their weakest discipline so sounds like you're flying! :)

How do you get on with the whole drafting thing? It's not allowed in cycling road racing and I don't really know if I like it in when I've been watching triathlon. If you do a great swim and get on the bike first, some other guy can just suck your wheel for the whole bike section and have an easy ride and save his legs for the run. Seems a bit unfair.

waterlilli
07-21-2003, 05:29 AM
Most tris do not allow drafting on the bike three lenghts back. Here is the bugaboo- the Olympics do, and now some races allow it because of that. Yet the bike that I was on has been ban from UCI events due to its so called advantage? Go figure how the UCI works. Drafting yes, innovative design no. The tri I do there are no real rules people were all over the road! That though is what makes it fun, I was not the only one who was clueless.