PDA

View Full Version : is this where you post for Missouri???

bouncybouncy
03-16-2006, 06:31 AM
anybody going to the 2006 Midwest MTBike Festival???

http://www.gorctrails.com/festival/index.asp

my family is there so we are going to drive over for the weekend...looks like an "EPIC" time!!!

uforgot
03-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Gee, I thought I was geographically challenged. Glad someone else isn't sure where the Missouri site is. Here I thought we were in the midwest... I'm planning on going, but I have to attend a Project Graduation fundraiser on Saturday first. I can just drive it every day, though. Where are you?

uforgot
03-28-2006, 09:19 AM
I see, I AM geographically challenged. You aren't even IN Missouri!:o Yeah, it seems we are in the middle of everyone. Maybe I'll figure it out, and then again, I'm heading south in a year or so, I won't have to worry about it then.

bouncybouncy
03-29-2006, 07:56 AM
hey there uforgot...i am gearing up to make it! my parents and brother live in lake st louis...i lived there for a couple years awhile back and never thought i would miss it but i did!!! boy has it grown tho!!! i am looking forward to mtbing with my brother...we started cycling at the same time but not together...i used to take his little kid mtbike when we were little (without his permission) and tear up the fields behind our house...he would get so mad, but not too much cause he thought it was neat his little sister could outdo some of his friends...hehe!

my dh and i have registered and all and are planning on driving out thursday eve (so dh can participate in fridays night-ride) we only have one light so it is his turn...we are coming from asheville, nc...
a possible snaffo at work may dusrupt our plans but it is still all on the table...we'll see:o

bouncybouncy
04-06-2006, 07:49 AM
OKEY DOKEY...we are packed and ready to go after work!!! oh boy...i can't wait because this will be my first time to show off my skills to my brother (hopefully i am at least as fast as him!!!:p ) i am the "little sister" and have spent my whole life chasing him...it would be such a rush if he were chasing me...hehehehe!!!

hey...uforgot!!! i will be the short one on an orange santa cruz julianna...look for me!!!

have a great weekend... and mom-nature...PLEASE BE KIND!!!!:D

uforgot
04-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Hey Bouncybouncy,

Have a safe trip, as far as the weather, It's suppose to be pretty good on Saturday and Sunday, but tomorrow may be rough, so be careful on your trip! Seems like we've been under tornado watches every day for the past few weeks. Let me be the first to welcome you to tornado alley!

I'm still not sure how the weekend will pan out. I still have all of the Project Graduation stuff going on. The things we do for our kids. If I am there, I'll be on an orange Gary Fisher Advance.

Hope you smoke your brother! I have an older brother, too, so I am rooting for YOU all the way!

Claudia

bouncybouncy
04-14-2006, 07:02 AM
Had a blast!!! and not only did i smoke the bros...I TOASTED HUBBY ON A UPHILL TIME-TRIAL!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

***by 3 seconds (but who is counting) hehe

my poor bros has been layed up with a sprained ankle for the last few months so that was understandable but i will keep up the hard riding so he does not pass me up next time we meet!!!

The weather was GREAT!!! saw a few sketchy clouds north of us but they stayed there and dh & i went home with ever so slight rosey cheeks from the sun (forgot sunscreen on day one....ooops!!!!) stayed in shade as much as possible!....the tornado warnings were everywhere so we were on our toes but never saw so much as a wind gust...ok! maybe a gust but NOTHING threatening!!!

New Belgium was there to keep the fat tire flowing and the company was crazy and the trails...well...how can i compare to NC???...but they have a wonderful crew of mtbikers that are making some sweet singletrack...give it a few years and they will be epic!!! apparently the Berryman Trail in the Ozark area is the place to go...maybe next time!!!

sorry you could not make it...but there will (i am positive) be a next year!!! the GORC crew said the crowd was double...and the consuption was triple :eek:

happy trails...