PDA

View Full Version : LRRH Distances

Lifesgreat
03-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Which distance are you doing? I am doing the metric century or 62 miles.

SadieKate
03-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Full hunnerd two-state tour.:p Gotta see Whydaho.

tprevost
03-14-2006, 03:01 PM
as of this time, I'll be doing the 100. I've been off the bike for a while and this would be my first century so I'm leaving the door open on the metric.

Tracy :D

Veronica
03-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Century for me.

V.

Tater
03-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Century for me as well.

AuntieK
03-14-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm riding with Lifesgreat :D

SadieKate
03-14-2006, 06:15 PM
as of this time, I'll be doing the 100. I've been off the bike for a while and this would be my first century so I'm leaving the door open on the metric.

Tracy :Dtprevost, the north end of the century course is a 20 mile loop that uses the same rest stop twice. You can always start the century and then leave out that loop if you want.

aka_kim
03-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Imperial century :p for me, even if I'm not a princess, queen, duchess, baroness, etc.

Trekhawk
03-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Century for me too she says in a nervous voice. Now weather gods all I need is some decent weather to train in and I might actually manage it.:D

jobob
03-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Depends how much pizza and beer I have the night before :D

- jo "carbo load" bob

tprevost
03-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Thanks SadieKate! I'm going to work really hard to do that 100 but its good to know there's an "out"! I'm constantly amazed that you know SO much about so many things and places in relation to biking! WOW!

Trekhawk - I'm with you - now that I can actually attempt to get on my bike... its raining! Not like what you've been getting, but because I'm so paranoid at this point it doesn't take much to keep me off the bike. I've scheduled "laddered" length events between now and then (the last being a 68 miler 5/16) so I hope to be okay! :confused:

Trac'

sulis
03-16-2006, 05:50 AM
I finally did it-- finally got enough money put aside to sign up for LRRH. So I'm signed up for 62 miler as of today. I'm so excited.

bikerHen
03-16-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm trying for the century too, gulp! :eek: BikerHen

SadieKate
03-16-2006, 08:31 AM
BikerHen, repeat after me. "I can do it. I can do it." :D

yellow
03-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Full hunnerd two-state tour.:p Gotta see Whydaho.
Same as her. I've never ridden my bike in Whydaho before and since Whydahoans are honorary Utahns, I'd better do the 100.

CyclaSutra
03-16-2006, 06:54 PM
THere's just no sense on driving more hours than you have to bike, IMHO. I'll be driving 4 hours to participate, so I might as well bike at least that many ... make it 100 for me, waiter!

That being said, I went to the dermatologist today for a routine appointment and ended up having a "not like the other ones" mole cut off and biopsied, and I am feeling rather fragile. I went to the gym and after 10 min on the stairmaster, I dove into the locker room feeling like I needed a really good cry.

I'm sure I'll recover in good time, tho. Just having a fragile day.

tprevost
03-16-2006, 07:01 PM
CyclaSutra,

Hope things look brighter soon :) take a hot bath and good care of yourself!

Tracy

ps. I'm driving 12 hours to get up there so I've GOT to do that darned 100!

Trekhawk
03-16-2006, 07:09 PM
That being said, I went to the dermatologist today for a routine appointment and ended up having a "not like the other ones" mole cut off and biopsied, and I am feeling rather fragile. I went to the gym and after 10 min on the stairmaster, I dove into the locker room feeling like I needed a really good cry.

I'm sure I'll recover in good time, tho. Just having a fragile day.

I can understand exactly how you feel I have had a few moles removed and it always makes me feel a little anxious until I get the results.

We are all entitled to a fragile day or two.

Sending hugs your way.

CyclaSutra
03-16-2006, 07:18 PM
I mean, it's just that you go through life in your teens feeling invincible and in your 20s like you can conquer the world and in your 30s like, hey, things don't always go my way, but I can handle it and then

BAM!

Mortality slaps you in the face unexpectedly and the doctor says, "Well, there's a 20 percent chance this could be a problem, and with the color the mole is, the problem could be melanoma," and all of a sudden you realize that you shouldn't take life for granted and you should cherish every single day that you are healthy enough to ride your bike.

Sigh. Knowing I have many more happy days on this earth but saddened by the people who don't have the health and the idea that I might not be invincible....

Thanks for the hugs.... Johanna

tprevost
03-16-2006, 07:52 PM
CS,

I felt exactly like that when I went in last year for a "40 year old" general checkup and they found a lump on my thyroid. I also was really feeling my mortality. I so understand how you feel. I too am sending lots of hugs.

Tracy

Lifesgreat
03-16-2006, 08:06 PM
CS,

Sending some good wishes your way;) .

cindysue
03-16-2006, 09:45 PM
I finally did it-- finally got enough money put aside to sign up for LRRH. So I'm signed up for 62 miler as of today. I'm so excited.

do you want a ride? We're driving, and while my boyfriend isn't too keen on taking me another 2 hours to the ride start, he's a softie in the end......

don't have the exact address of where we're staying but I can call you after we arrive - probably sometime friday to do some site-seeing in SLC.

Do you SLC gals want to meet up for dinner?

cindysue
03-16-2006, 09:46 PM
keep us posted, CS

sulis
03-17-2006, 04:32 AM
do you want a ride? We're driving, and while my boyfriend isn't too keen on taking me another 2 hours to the ride start, he's a softie in the end......

don't have the exact address of where we're staying but I can call you after we arrive - probably sometime friday to do some site-seeing in SLC.

Do you SLC gals want to meet up for dinner?

That is so sweet of you to offer CindySue. I have not fully decided if I'm going to go up on Friday night or Saturday morning yet. But I'll let you know if I need a ride. If I'm in Salt Lake that night, I could be up for dinner.

bikerHen
03-17-2006, 07:32 AM
BikerHen, repeat after me. "I can do it. I can do it." :D

OK everyone, all together now - I can do it, I can do it , I can do it, I CAN DO IT!! :eek: :D BikerHen

SadieKate
03-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Good job. Now, record it and put it under your pillow.:D

Seriously, I was looking at your mileage on bikejournal. You should have no problem. I wish I could see your journal. You getting in longer rides?

bikerHen
03-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Good job. Now, record it and put it under your pillow.:D

Seriously, I was looking at your mileage on bikejournal. You should have no problem. I wish I could see your journal. You getting in longer rides?

Sadly, my mileage is split 2/3 indoor miles and 1/3 outdoor miles. I did a 40 mile ride last Sunday, and plan another 40 miler, with some mega hills, this Sunday, weather permitting. And, when the weather starts being slightly more user friendly I have a 57 mile route I plan to do at least once a week. Twice a week in May! Plus ride, ride, ride, every chance I get.

I will say the trainer miles have definitely made me stronger. The 40 miles I did last week were almost easy and I still had some get up and go left in me when we were done. :D Compared to the 50 mile ride daughter and I did last June that took about everything out of me. Speed is still an issue . . . but maybe there's hope for that too. :) BikerHen

tprevost
03-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Bikerhen,

If you're doing 40's now, you'll be fine for a 100 in June! Heck, I'm gonna do it and I'm just at the 25ish mileage now (I'll be bumpin' up to 40 next week). Don't worry about speed, there are several of us who will probably be about the same.

So, I CAN DO IT!!!! and so can you (from the sounds of it, you'll do it easily too! ;) )

I can't wait to meet you!

Trac'

cindysue
03-20-2006, 08:37 AM
I'll let you know if I need a ride. If I'm in Salt Lake that night, I could be up for dinner.

we'd go up early Sat morning. Yellow, when are you going up?

cindysue
03-20-2006, 08:47 AM
allright, after reading some of the other posts (there are 4-5 threads), it looks like several of us will be in the SLC area.

Given that, I'd prefer to try and tag along with some of the SLC contingent and help pay for a rental car if necessary. So, by SK's post, there is SK, V., Yellow, me, and Sullis?

yellow
03-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Starting a new "Non-Lodging Logistics" thread...

SadieKate
05-04-2006, 07:16 PM
LADIES!

The Little Red Riding Hood all women's bicycle ride is fast approaching.

This is the only all women's century and one of only two women's century's in the country. We have women attending this year from all over the western part of the country. Just a reminder to get registered before the May 24th deadline to guarantee your ride t-shirt. You can go to www.bbtc.net for ride details and download a registration form or go to:

http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1288153

and register online.

Date: June 3rd
Start Location: Wellsville City Park (Cache Valley Utah)
Start time: 8:00 a.m.
Course description: Mostly flat country roads with a few rolling hills
Distance options: 38, 62 and 100 mile

Jersey's can still be ordered for a second printing that will be mailed to
you after the ride. We will be selling socks and hats with this years artwork at the packet pickups and the morning of the ride...so bring some extra cash if you want to purchase these additional items

We are anticipating over 800 women this year. We hope you will join us!

Penny and Robin Perkins
penperk@networld.com
(801) 486-8140

yellow
05-05-2006, 06:30 AM
Jersey's can still be ordered for a second printing that will be mailed to
you after the ride.
Please tell me that apostrophe was there and you just did a copy-paste...
:p

Love,
another GGG

SadieKate
05-05-2006, 06:35 AM
Of course! I saw it also but felt it needed to stay since I was quoting them. Copyright law and all that stuff. :p

TOSGGG