PDA

View Full Version : Running Mommy....

tprevost
03-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Hey Denise,

I was thinking about you and wanted to check in to see how things are going. How's the hamstring doing? I hope you decided to take a rest last week ~ let us know what's in store for this week :)

Trac'

Running Mommy
03-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Hey Tracy-
hanging in there... Thanks for thinking about me. Actually heading to the pool right now. It was a rough weekend. Our weather out here was HORRIBLE! Let's just say all my miles were on the trainer/t-mill... ugh
I woke up this morning w/ a sore throat and that general feeling of coming down w/ something.. double UGH! I think the concert was the frosting on the cake for my poor immune system. So this week is my last hard week and it should be interesting. But I'll work through it in true "iron" form.. :D
It's amazing, the peaks around the valley all have snow on them. Even the Sierra Estrellas here where I live had a dusting. AMAZING! Just glad it didn't happen race weekend... Did I mention how cr!@ppy the weather was?? lol
Ok, off to the pool! Talk to Y'all soon!
Denise
P.S. I may not be on the forum much in the next few days because I'm really going to concentrate on getting better in between my training. Lots of hot tea and couch surfing I'm afraid.

Running Mommy
03-13-2006, 01:37 PM
It's official... I think I have the flu.:( I felt cruddy so I decided to only swim for a half hour. On the last 4 laps I started feeling funny, kinda dizzy or something.. So I told myself to gut out the last couple of laps. As I was getting out of the pool it hit me. I threw up.:eek: YUCK!! I was able to make it to the garbage can, but that was the hint I needed I suppose.
So off to the couch I go. I'll talk to ya'll in a few days when I feel better.
ciao!
Denise

tprevost
03-13-2006, 05:32 PM
oohhh, take care of yourself Denise! Let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it!

Tracy

Lise
03-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Denise, take it really easy. Your body is so fit that it will be doing its very best to get rid of what's making you sick. Just let it do its job, don't push at all. You'll get back to work soon enough. You've done the major work you need to get ready for the IM. Sending virtual ...whatever makes you feel good... through the 'puter.

Let us know how you're doing,

L.

mommelisa
03-14-2006, 09:51 AM
{{{{{{{denise}}}}}}} Sending lots of good, healthy vibes to you! I hope you feel better soon, and I agree with Lise - you've done all the hard work, let your body heal and you'll be back soon ready to go!