PDA

View Full Version : bike choices?Spec.Dolce Elite, Pilot 2.1, Giant ocr1, Spec sequoia elite?

Wisconsin
03-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Help I'm getting confused? I liked all of these bikes. I'm a new roadie looking for 1st and hopefully lasting bike. I'm 5'4" and these all seemed to fit nice. I recently road the Spec. Dolce elite and Seq. elite as well as the ocr3 wsd as they didn't have ocr1. I enjoyed them all and thought the dolce and ocr were similiar. The Seq seemed to hasve more carbon as the seat stays were carbon but felt different as handlebars were I think mens. They still felt comfortable and dealer said they could swap to womens. I'm looking to do recreational riding and hopefully group and longer charity rides some day. The price I got on the ocr1 was about $800 which seems cheap but no seat stays there. The other temptation is ebay with a 05 Seq. Comp about$750 today with a day left? I'm leaning not to do that being my first bike and all but I read all the hype about carbon. The Pilot I really liked too but only road the 1. as they didn't have the 2.1 in. Should I just be patient with spring coming and more bikes are coming in? I'm from an area with sm. bike shops so hard to ride them all back to back. Thanks for any suggestions on them.

Wisconsin