PDA

View Full Version : Omigosh, so stoked...

Irulan
07-09-2003, 05:49 PM
I leave friday for a mountain biking weekend extravaganza in the mountains of central Idaho, some of the finest single track in the world ( really) I am meeting up with a bunch of friends from an internet bike club I'm in, riders from Oregon, Idaho, Washington, Co and who knows where else. I"ve got friends in the town so my hubby and I have a place to stay in the forest overlooking the river, everyone else is at a place on the beach on a mountain lake.

The agenda for the weekend is something like, Firday night, easy singletrack warm up then eat.

Sat, eat, epic mountain ride yet to be decided ( 10-20 miles of mountain riding) with either hot springs or waterskiing to follow, depending on temps. Then a big group BBQ.

Sunday we buy lift tickets for a shuttle to the top of a new trail system that is supposed to be awesome...then go home exhausted and happy. Pics and report to follow of course...

Irulan

Veronica
07-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Reading your posts really makes me want to get back into mountain biking. Have a wonderful time!

Veronica

MightyMitre
07-10-2003, 07:12 AM
Yes - have a fantastic weekend Irulan. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Make sure you post those pics and give us a full report.:cool: :cool: :cool:

By-the way- someone else mentioned the other day, any one know what's happened to MissLiz?

Kpicha
07-10-2003, 04:19 PM
That sounds awesome! I can't wait to see some pics and read your stories. You write really well! :) I actually feel like I was there!

Cheers,
Kristina

Irulan
07-10-2003, 04:46 PM
just to tease you guys, here's something from the group mailer that went out.There are about 10 riders expected, and some of them are just awesomely skilled...

High elevation riding affects your breathing and makes you feel weaker than you normally are.
*** Keep in mind, our rides are not races; they are happy, social events intended to be fun, safe and encouraging for everybody.
Bring your patience and sense of humor; if you’re real good, plan to wait a lot for stragglers; if you’re real slow or just beginning, that’s fine, just come and stretch yourself a little and have fun.
Plan to stop a lot for photos and horsing around. Bring your regular and digital cameras! A common sight on these trails is moose, deer, elk and bear. Depends on how much foot & other traffic have gone before us.
The better riders will stop to re-ride difficult sections; less experienced riders must not hesitate to get off and walk. My motto since the big crash in 2000: "there’s no shame in walking it." If you want to try something tough, but don’t want to risk hurting yourself, recruit a couple of us to spot you. That’s fun for everybody. Don’t be afraid to ask the better riders for technique pointers if you want to
At intersections on the trail, the lead rider waits for the last one to arrive, then we depart as a group. It would be hard to get lost where we're going; We’ll probably ask Jerry to lead, (built-in GPS), or G-Man (bike mounted GPS) and I’ll likely take up the rear to help encourage stragglers.

Ride report follow... happy dance, happy dance....

Irulan