PDA

View Full Version : what to put in a triathlon bike repair kit?

lilikoi
03-12-2006, 02:06 PM
many apologies for the double post - i originally posted this in maintenance, but then found the triathlon-specific section... my bad! please read on...

hello all,

i'm new to these boards and have a question regarding triathlon repairs. i have a 1997 marinoni road bike and all i've got in terms of repair gear is a couple of tire levers (for my mountain bike... are they the same?), a hand-pump and a CO2 pump. i'll be doing a half-im distance triathlon in june and want to start assembling components i may need during the race. what extra/repair gear would you recommend carrying for a triathlon? do road bike tires get changed the same way mtb tires do? i'm great at changing my fatty mtb tires but i'm a little afraid of my road bike... the tires look so narrow i'm afraid i may break/hurt them...

second, unrelated question: i live in the montreal area (quebec, canada) and am looking for a good deal on bike shoes/clipless pedals. either new or used, i'm pretty poor so if anyone has a good recommendation for a bike shop or online place to purchase, i'd be much obliged eventually, same goes for a pair of clip-on aerobars and a forward-oriented seat to make my roadster more tri-friendly.

thank you, thank you, for any advice!

cheers,
lilikoi

Nanci
03-13-2006, 09:16 AM
You'll get more attention up in maintenance, though! :-)

Nanci