PDA

View Full Version : Ragbrai

bikinglegallady
07-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Any ladies going on RAGBRAI this year? (Bike ride Across Iowa). If you haven't it is the most fun you will ever have on a bike! I usually go every year at least 2 of the 7 days. Some years I am able to take the whole week off. The first day this year they are expecting 20,000 bikers!

adkoch
07-09-2003, 02:41 PM
Yes, I will be there! Unfortunately, I can't get any of my deadbeat friends from Chicago to come with me, so I freeload a ride from my Iowa friends and am at their mercy for the duration they choose. This year, we are riding the last two days, which have mild mileage (50-60 mi) in comparison to other days or years past. Apparently, we are driving a bus with the bikes in tow and "camping" at private residences. I was unable to figure out logistics last year, so this year, I am more than willing to take whatever offers come my way (or self-invites, if need be!). Moral of the story: I need new Chicago friends, so I'm trying out some bike clubs!!!

~Angie

annie
07-09-2003, 04:16 PM
I will be there, too! All days except for the first one. Have a wedding to go to Sat or can't get to RAGBRAI till Sunday. Are either of you two ladies on a team or with a group with a name?

ad, I will also be doing home stays this year. For the first time. I've always camped in the main campground with the bike clubs before. I am hoping the home stays make showering a little easier.........

bikinglegally, are you going this year? You didn't say. If you are, have a great time!Tho' it's RAGBRAI, how could you not have a great time?

annie
07-09-2003, 04:36 PM
I will be there, too! All days except for the first one. Have a wedding to go to Sat or can't get to RAGBRAI till Sunday. Are either of you two ladies on a team or with a group with a name?

ad, I will also be doing home stays this year. For the first time. I've always camped in the main campground with the bike clubs before. I am hoping the home stays make showering a little easier.........

bikinglegally, are you going this year? You didn't say. If you are, have a great time!Tho' it's RAGBRAI, how could you not have a great time?

adkoch
07-09-2003, 05:10 PM
Nope - no team and no group name. Hmmm... may have to get on that last one! What part of Iowa are you from? QC area? Those are my roots and I like to ride there once in awhile.

~Angie

bikinglegallady
07-10-2003, 06:41 AM
I'm not sure how to make this work.

bikinglegallady
07-10-2003, 06:44 AM
Well, that seemed to work. I will try an answer this time. My girlfriend and I are going as the Boot Scootin Biking Babes. Basically, we are wearing bra tops with fringe, cowboy hats (when off the bikes) and wearing holsters with water guns in them. So, if you are at Ragbrai and see a couple of crazy women running around like that, that would be us! We are only doing Sunday and Monday unfortunately. The fun of the ride is dressing up in outfits.

annie
07-10-2003, 01:48 PM
Hey, Lady,

I will watch for you on Monday. I won't be there Sunday. I agree that dressing up is fun.......... we did it for the last few years, had designated days and outfits. This year we decided to go incognito, but who knows, we may change our minds at the last minute.

elevenpointfive
07-16-2003, 09:14 AM
Oh, fun! I wish I could do this ride. Maybe next year, when I'm trained up. Have a great time, everyone, and give us stories when you return! I hope you're taking pictures, bikinglegallady! :D

bikinglegallady
07-16-2003, 10:48 AM
We'll be taking lots of pictures. I will try to post one of the boot scootin biking babes. If anyone out there happens to be on Ragbrai and sees us, come introduce yourself!

Kay