PDA

View Full Version : ULCER date change-Utah

Lifesgreat
03-09-2006, 08:36 AM
I just got my Bonneville Bicycle Touring club (www.bbtc.net) newsletter and it said ULCER is now August 19th, rather than the 12th. The change was made to accommodate the Tour of Utah (www.tourofutah.com).

AuntieK
03-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Awww...but it doesn't accomodate the Tour de Gap so well! :(
Decisions, decisions....

yellow
07-18-2006, 07:53 AM
'kay, I'm bumping this as I'm thinking about doing the "baker's metric" (74 mi) or the "challenger (56 mi) and this here Southwest sub forum has been mighty quiet lately.

ULCER is now the weekend before Desperado, and I think it would be good for me to do one of the shorter rides. I seem to have developed this...disdain for giant organized rides, though (OK, mostly rider behavior). Anyone know how many riders it attracts?

Interestingly, they have a no iPods/MP3 "rule" for the ride, posted in big, bold letters on the BBTC website. Nothing about private SAGs, though. :rolleyes:

SadieKate
07-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Interestingly, they have a no iPods/MP3 "rule" for the ride, posted in big, bold letters on the BBTC website. Nothing about private SAGs, though. :rolleyes:One out of two is a start.

AuntieK
07-18-2006, 02:25 PM
It's my understanding that this is one of the big 'uns. I'll check with my inside source for more info. as to how big it really is.

AuntieK
07-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Okay, so maybe it's not as big as I thought it was. :o I guess I assumed that since EVERYONE I know is doing this one, it must be huge.
Inside source says that last year there were about 800 to 100 participants.
Hope this info helps, Yellow.

yellow
07-19-2006, 07:35 PM
800 to 1000 is much better than the 2000 that were at Salt Lake. And if I start late, maybe I'll miss most of the poor behavior.

I think I'll probably do one of the routes, simply because I'll be tired of riding long distances by myself by then. :p

Lifesgreat
07-22-2006, 05:36 PM
I am going to do the 56 this year. The seventysomething distance is a flat loop off the 56 mile ride, so if I am feeling spritely (is that a word) I may do that.

yellow
07-22-2006, 06:43 PM
I like the word "spritely". I may use it in casual conversation, if you don't mind.

I think I'll be there, barring unforeseen circumstances. Just not sure how far yet. :p

Lifesgreat
07-22-2006, 10:16 PM
I like the word "spritely". I may use it in casual conversation, if you don't mind.

Quote away. According to the "Free Online Dictionary", it is spelled "sprightly". I guess you can spell it the other way to describe how you feel after drinking large quantities of a certain lemon/lime beverage. . . :rolleyes:

sulis
07-25-2006, 09:58 AM
I was going to ride my first full century at the Ulcer, but alas that won't happen this year. Between set backs with my knees, the blasted really strong winds (which riding in aggrevates said injured knees even more) and this oh so "lovely" heat, I just have not been able to do the training for the full century.

However, baring any other complications I will be at the Ulcer. I don't know what distance I'll ride but that is the beauty of the course. Its pretty much out and back so I can turn around whenever. I hope to shoot for the half century.

Anyone else planning on being there?