PDA

View Full Version : Random Confessions

Sky King
09-16-2015, 05:04 PM
just feel the need to express that I am very happy that we opted out of Interbike this year!!! One can only handle so many years of Vegas. On a positive note - NAHBS is in Sacramento in February and Deb Banks from Rivet ask me to put my bike in her booth - WOOT

salsabike
09-16-2015, 08:13 PM
That's pretty cool about the Deb Banks thing!

I expect you don't mind having missed out on the women-in-thongs socks at Interbike.

Sky King
09-17-2015, 05:12 PM
for sure, even Surly opted for a very low presence this year. I will miss getting free sports beans from Jelly belly though

That's pretty cool about the Deb Banks thing!

I expect you don't mind having missed out on the women-in-thongs socks at Interbike.

Pax
10-19-2015, 06:01 AM
Random confession:

I find myself checking in here at TE more and more often, not because of any great bike related issues but because the level of education and discourse here is far higher than other boards I visit on the web.

I fear this makes me a bit of a snob. Also, I'm okay with that; I'm very tired of trying to converse while searching for "lesser" words and concepts to convey meaning.

Thank you, TE women, for keeping this place from descending into the mediocrity that infects much of the internet.

emily_in_nc
10-19-2015, 08:29 AM
Yep...ditto what Pax said! :rolleyes:

Crankin
10-19-2015, 03:57 PM
Exactly.
I don't think its snobby. We tend to want to communicate with others who communicate the same way we do ourselves.

rebeccaC
10-19-2015, 05:29 PM
I fear this makes me a bit of a snob. .

i am not a snob....ask anybody...well, anybody who matters :)

Pax
10-20-2015, 02:36 AM
Rebecca, you just crack me up! :D

maillotpois
10-21-2015, 04:07 PM
(1) You guys are funny!

(2) Deb Banks is one of my favorite humans so good for you! I will have to go to NAHBS this year for sure.

MandyPet
07-08-2017, 07:44 AM
(1) You Guys are great!

(2) Happy to have found this forum!

cheers!

smilingcat
07-17-2017, 08:05 AM
I should scroll down more often. This thread just cheered me up. I thought I was just getting grumpier with each passing year.

Things that makes me cringe and makes me grumpy are check out clerks who can't make a simple change "Oh I'm sorry but I already rang it up and it says the change is..." this is when the teller says its $4.25 and I hand her a $5 bill. She says the register is out of quarters so I search in my purse and find a quarter and I hand her a quarter. She had a really confused look on her face. So I patiently try to go through a simple math. "okay so the bill was $4.25 and I handed you a $5 bill then a 25 cents. So the total I gave you is $5.25. What is the difference? ..." She still didn't get it.

Other things I really get frustrated is grammar. Granted, when speaking we all break rules but something should not be, things like "Me and John...." ARRRGH! Is this the epitome of young person today? Prime example or symptom of the ME GENERATION? I'm not William Safire or George Will but can we at least have the basic down?

How can one graduate from high school without knowing basic addition and subtraction?

emily_in_nc
07-17-2017, 09:06 AM
Could not agree more on both counts, Smilingcat!