PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Trek 2100 WSD 51cm

doc
03-04-2006, 03:45 AM
I am selling my 2005 Trek 2100 WSD 51cm. It is completely stock except the stem was switched out when I had it fitted. Oh yeah, I replaced the saddle too. It has a triple crank and a 9 speed cassette. It is a gorgeous hot red and white. Fork, seat post and rear is carbon. Frame is aluminum. MSRP is $1500. Components are shimano ultegra and 105.

Nanci
03-04-2006, 04:01 AM
In a 47", and love it! Highly recommended! (Wish I'd gotten a later-in-the-year model, mine is straight 105)

Nanci

doc
03-04-2006, 04:08 AM
Nanci, You reminded me. I should point out the wheels are 700cc. I imagine the 47 has 650cc

Nanci
03-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Yes, the 43 and 47 came with 650's. I think they are more proportional. I like my little bike!

Cusepak in Miami has the same bike, too. I wonder how she's doing, haven't heard anything for a while.

It's a great bike, and very pretty. Lava Red and Pearl White. A nice sprinkling of carbon. I have almost 3000 miles on Lava, and she has not had one mechanical problem. Still on her original tires and chain. I _did_ have the derailleurs adjusted a couple weeks ago, but the brake cables don't seem to have stretched, so I left them alone.

Nanci

cusepack
03-27-2006, 03:24 AM
Nanci -

Still loving my bike Nanci:) I haven't been around as much as of late as I first suffered a groin injury at the beginning of the year. As soon as I healed from that, my lower back flared up - degenerative problem so it's something I've dealt with for a long time. Anyway, haven't been able to ride as much and am a step or two behind in my training this year. Oh, and inasmuch as I've tried to live vicariously through all the riders here while I was down, I just didn't have the heart to post. Isn't it just amazing how much we love to ride and when we can't it's as if our world has just fallen apart.

Oh Nanci, while I'm here, did you change out your stock pedals? If so, what did you replace them with. I've yet to change mine out, but am looking at Speedplays, but not sure if I like the size of the platform. I'd like a platform that's a bit bigger but I've read rave reviews on the Speedplays. Any thoughts?

Nanci
03-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Hey Katherine,

I put the stock pedals on my MTB/Road/Beater GT bike, ('cause I couldn't get those black platform things off, then decided they might be ok for street shoes, anyway!) and put some old very similar Shimano 747's on the Trek. My good MTB has the better Shimano 959's on it. I get along really well with Shimano SPD MTB pedals. That's all I ever used, so maybe I don't know any better. I have a pair of road shoes, but don't like how slick they are, so never wear them. I have the identical pair of Sidis in MTB shoes that I _LOVE_.

Nanci

cusepack
03-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Nanci -

One of the great advantages of the SPD's is the double-sided clip in (I love the feature), and I know I may have to give that up with replacing my pedals. Decisions, decisions!!

What version Sidi's do you use? MY LBS sells Sidi's and they've been at me to try a pair on. My problem is, I have a wide foot. I've even thought about trying on men's. Right now, I'm in Nike's but I want to upgrade my shoes and pedals. Perhaps just new shoes might make a difference as opposed to shoes and pedals.

Hey, I wanted to congratulate you on your accomplishments since getting Lava. I've been watching your progress and you as well as others here have really stepped it up a notch and you should be very proud of yourself. It's wonderful to read about such enthusiasm and unconditional love for cycling from some super women:) Keep it up girl.

Kathryn

mtbdarby
03-31-2006, 09:49 AM
Doc,
What are you asking for this? Can you post a picture?

bike4ever
03-31-2006, 10:00 AM
Nanci -

What size Sidi's would you need? I also have a very wide foot. I am currently in men's Dominator 5's size 40. Unfortunately, I need just a little more width on my right foot. If you are interested, please pm me and I'll give you more specifics.

Thanks,
Traci

doc
03-31-2006, 03:58 PM
Doc,
What are you asking for this? Can you post a picture?

OK. I failed in my atttempt to attach a picture. I will send it to you by pm.
The picture is when it was new. I'll get a more current photo soon.

corrine
04-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Have you sold this bike yet? What is your asking price?
Thanks

Nanci
04-03-2006, 06:57 PM
I don't need Sidi's, I think Katherine was talking aobut getting them. I have two pair of 39's.

I can now verify that the 2100 can do a 600k brevet, nicely!

Nanci

doc
04-04-2006, 07:12 AM
Have you sold this bike yet? What is your asking price?
Thanks

Not sold yet. A friend of mine is test riding it tomorrow, but it is still open to interested parties.

I'm asking $900 but I am open to discussion. If you want any additional details, let me know. I can email a picture of it to you, but I seem unable to get a picture to load on TE.

Cari
04-05-2006, 11:13 AM
I can email a picture of it to you, but I seem unable to get a picture to load on TE.

Are you trying to upload the picture from your hard drive, or reference it from another web page? If you e-mail me the pic (I'd like to see the bike anyway) I can post it for you...

~ Carissa

Nanci
04-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Here is a stock picture of the bike.

doc
04-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Thank you Nanci. I'm being such a computer doofus. The one for sale looks exactly like that, except a different saddle. Oh yeah, and 1 year's worth of use (not abuse). Very Pretty!!!!

doc
04-10-2006, 05:01 AM
My new bike fits me so so so well that I am now getting serious about selling my trek. I am going to change my asking price to $800. In a month or so, I'll be putting her on ebay. Anyone interested before then?

Nanci
04-11-2006, 03:35 AM
I can't believe no one is snapping up this bike! It's a freaking $1750+ bike!!!

Plus, we _know_ this bike is capable of at least 375 miles at a whack, as demonstrated by it's twin sister, Lava!

Nanci

cusepack
04-11-2006, 04:00 AM
Hey wait a minute Nanci, you mean we're triplets now?!?!?!

It's a fantastic bike and the price is incredible. Someone please give this bike a good home, you won't be disappointed.

K

DrBee
04-11-2006, 07:41 AM
I don't know what size I am!!!!! Aargh! Ooh how I'd love to snap this one up!

mtbdarby
04-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Doc, I get my new wheel today for my Terry Symmetry (bike came with a dent in the rim). If I don't like how it rides, I'll give you a shout on this one. I tried out a Specialized Dolce but wasn't thrilled with it. Guess it's hard to get used to riding a road bike after being upright for so long on my hybrid and mtb.

Cari
04-11-2006, 10:53 AM

I'm guessing the bike would work for someone who is between 5'4" and 5'8", but the only way to know for sure is to measure your inseam in centimeters and multiply by 0.67.

To get a proper inseam measure, you'll need a metric measuring tape, a 1" binder, and someone to help. Take off your shoes and stand up against a wall with your feet about 6 inches apart. Take the binder and put it between your thighs, with the spine facing upward. Push it up (don't be shy!) so it's right up against your crotch, the way a bike saddle would be, and with the spine parallel to the ground. If you're flat against the wall, you can make the binder level with the ground by pushing it back so it's flat against the wall. Now have someone measure from the edge of the binder's spine to the ground. Repeat the process 2 more times and average the 3 measurements you get.

Good luck,

~ Cari

doc
04-11-2006, 04:40 PM

I'm 5'4" with 30" inseam. I don't fit it well because I should never have purchased a WSD. I am now on a man's bike and much happier. I think 30" inseam is the shortest legs I would suggest for a comfortable fit over the top tube.

Blueberry
04-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Doc-

What about the WSD didn't fit you? I'm about the same exact height and inseam measurement...Just want fair warning when shopping for a new bike eventually (hubby would have a cow if I brought *another* bike home anytime soon:D )

doc
04-12-2006, 02:39 AM
Apparently, I have a man's proportions. WSD is wrong for me. Relatively short legs, long torso, long arms. So first I immediately had to put a longer stem on the bike when it arrived. Then, my standover should be huge for a 5'4" woman, but it's only OK. I dunno, I just never "clicked" with this bike. Now I have a men's bike and I love it.

mtbdarby
04-13-2006, 05:42 AM
Doc,
How much is shipping? I'm in Wiscsonsin, zip code 54452.

Thanks,

Nanci
04-13-2006, 07:20 AM
It's usually around $40.

doc
04-13-2006, 07:52 AM
I think shipping is more like $40-$80 because the bike has to be professionally boxed. When I got my new bike I paid $85, but I've heard $50 most often. I can call my bike shop and ask and get an exact number if you'd like.

mtbdarby
04-13-2006, 08:09 AM
I just paid $40 to get my Terry bike which was packaged at a bike shop.. I'm finishing my taxes today and taking the Terry out for her inaugural ride tonight if it's not raining. If that's reasonable for shipping I'll let you know in the next day or two if I'll take it.

run cyndi run
04-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Do you still have this bike? I may be interested in purchasing it from you if it's still available. Are you still asking $800 for it?
-Cyndi

doc
04-17-2006, 06:03 PM
You and MtbDarby are the main "bidders" as it were. I am still asking $800 (plus shipping). If it doesn't go here, she's off to ebay.

run cyndi run
04-17-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm definitely interested. Would you mind emailing me at cyndigarcia@excite.com. I'll give you my cell no., and perhaps I can get yours to speak to you more about the bike, (get more details like approximate miles you put on it,...condition of the bike,...any extras you may have added to the bike, etc.) I'll be making my decision to purchase it in the next day or so. Thanks.
-Cyndi

doc
04-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Thats the whole message.