PDA

View Full Version : TORSV South

Nanci
03-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Anyone joining me??? Sent my reg in tonight, right after buying my new tent!!!

Nanci

The Event
The Capital City Cyclists club is proud to present the 25th annual Tour of Springtime Rural Vistas South.

April 22-23, 2006

Tour the rural back roads of North Florida and South Georgia. The ride will take you through several small rural towns, across gently rolling hills, by picturesque farmlands and pecan groves in the bloom of springtime. We promise great food and plenty of it, good company, full ride support including medic and mechanic, and true southern hospitality. Reserve your space now. The ride is limited to 500 riders to preserve the quality of the ride. This may be the best two day ride you have ever done.

Terrain and Mileage
This two day ride is a tour, not a race. The last leg of the standard century route back into Quincy has some notable hills. The rest of the standard route and the entire metric route is a mixture of flat terrain and gently rolling hills. Both the standard and metric centuries have a Saturday night destination of Albany, Georgia.

bouncybouncy
03-06-2006, 09:25 AM
oooo...sounds nice but our calenders are packed!!! will keep it mind for next year...

toooo many rides...not enough days off work!!!!:(

Nanci
04-13-2006, 05:05 AM
(one more week!)

I just pupped out and made a hotel reservation ($29) for Saturday night. I'm still going to camp Friday night at the ride start, since that was my reason for buying the cool super light tent, was because of the hotel room $$ I'd save on this ride. But I got to thinking, hot bath all to myself, my own bathroom, only $29, it's worth it.

I talked to a guy last weekend who has done this ride numerous times. He says don't think of it as two 100 mile rides, think of it as 6 35 mile rides with a gourmet meal in between each. I am so looking forward to this!!

I wonder what it's going to be like, riding "only" 100 miles in a day. Pretty weird.

Except the stress of leaving Mr. Bird home with BF for two nights...(Dill is _so_ high maintenence- or I should say, has the potential to get himself into trouble if not closely supervised.)

Hope to get more SE riders next year!! (Juju, aren't you up around there???)

Nanci

bouncybouncy
04-14-2006, 07:07 AM
have a BLAST nanci!!!!

maybe next year!!! we are doing 3-state 3-mountain...are you?

Nanci
04-14-2006, 08:21 AM
Yes, I'm doing 3 State 3 Mountain. I'm staying in the host hotel (Staybridge Suites) the night before and the night after. When are you going?

Nanci

bouncybouncy
04-14-2006, 12:27 PM
uh:confused: YEAH!!! place to stay????:rolleyes: hmmmm...gotta work on that i guess!

we are actually only about 3 hours away so will only be staying one night before the ride...gotta find dog babysitter too...

better get lookin...

will hop to proper thread and talk more about hooking up to meet...i doubt i will miss that green helmet (if you are wearing it)...

talk soon
:p

Bad JuJu
04-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Hey, Nanci--How about a ride report? I've been hearing about this ride for a couple of years but never been able to make it yet. Maybe next year....but meanwhile, you could tickle my imagination with a good ride report.:D