PDA

View Full Version : NWWC Monday Rides @ Gasworks

Pink Kona
03-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Live in the Seattle area? Interested in getting the skinny on local womens racing? Looking for some training partners? Well here's your chance!

Starting Monday, April 3, 2006 - Northwest Women Cycling will have a group ride every Monday night (rain or shine!) at 6pm sharp leaving from Gasworks Park. We will cruise at a social pace (12 mph) and not exceed 30 miles.

So what are you waiting for? Please make sure you bring a spare tube and patch kit. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Happy Riding!

Eden
03-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Hi!
I volunteered to lead rides late last year, but I hadn't seen anything about when the rides would be starting back up. Good to know that they will be going again and I may see you there.

Pink Kona
03-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Fabulous! I hope to see you there sometime!

KnottedYet
04-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Ooh, I wanna see a race! Can you believe I've never been to one? Someone please drop me a PM if you're gonna be in a Seattle area race, cuz I'd love to come cheer!

Eden
04-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Ooh, I wanna see a race! Can you believe I've never been to one? Someone please drop me a PM if you're gonna be in a Seattle area race, cuz I'd love to come cheer!

You might want to drop down to Seward Park any Thursday now through the summer to see one of the Thurday Night Criteriums. They start at about 5:30 pm and go on for several hours. I won't personally be there, I'm going to the women's training series down in Auburn instead, but lots of other people will be and as far as spectating goes crits are more interesting to watch than road races. Tomorrow will be a special day as well, in honor of the memory of a local racer who recently passed away, so I encourage you to go and watch the race.

KnottedYet
04-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Well, darn. I work until 7:30-8:00 on Thursdays. :mad: I'll have to catch a crit or race another time. Thanks for the info!