PDA

View Full Version : ISO cycling insoles with low arches

ny biker
09-25-2014, 04:33 PM
I have worn Louis Garneau insoles in my bike shoes for years and have been very happy with them. Unfortunately they have worn out and are now too thin under the balls of my feet, and LG no longer sells them.

I've tried Superfeet and eFit Supportive with the lowest arch options available. Both have arches that are too high -- they feel like rocks under my feet and push my knees out of alignment. Specialized don't fit my feet -- too long from the arch to the heel. Pearl Izumi are too narrow in the toe box -- my pinkie toes hang over the edge. Shimano makes my calves cramp, so there's something not right with the way they angle my feet.

I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions?? My feet are not super wide but not narrow either -- Bontrager shoes fit fine, Sidis are snug.

Thanks!!

Bones8
11-22-2014, 12:04 PM
I have low arches and I wear sofsole inserts, but they are not cycling specific. With the little foot measurement gadget I am on the cusp of regular width and wide, and I opt for wide shoes when possible so I think we may be similar (I know about having the pinky toe hang over the edge of the insole - ugh). Is there anything you want in particular from the insole (soft billowy clouds sensation, a looser fit to the shoe, etc)?

Becky
11-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Giro? They hae adjustable arch supports for different arch heights.

ny biker
11-23-2014, 06:57 PM
I actually ended up going with a different pair of Superfeet insoles. I thought the ones I'd tried earlier this year (berry) were the lowest arch they offer, but I was wrong about that. I also found that they were too cushioned under my toes. But I was in a running shoe store looking for new sneakers, and I mentioned that I was looking for insoles for cycling, and the guy working there was very helpful. He had me try the Superfeet black and the carbon insoles. Both have the lowest arch they offer and also have the lowest profile (thinnest). They felt a bit higher than I wanted, but close to being right. I chose the black ones because the carbon are stiffer and less likely to give under my feet. So far I've been mostly happy with them -- they're not quite as comfortable as the LG insoles were before they wore out, but they're better than anything else I tried. Unlike the berry insoles, they haven't caused any alignment problems with my knees.

I haven't seen any Giro insoles, but I will keep an eye out for them and try them if I see them.