PDA

View Full Version : IMAX Movie "Top Speed"

Terry
06-28-2003, 03:49 PM
Just letting you all know that IMAX theaters have just previewed a movie called "Top Speed". It's supposed to come out for release July 3-8. It's about the human pursuit of speed.

Marla Strump was in it doing her speed thing on her mountain bike. Tim Allen was the commentator and said that Marla has been clocked at a top speed of 72 mph, and, her average speed when she races is 60 mph. Before a big race, she rides a motorcycle well over 100 so she's not intimidated by the speed on her mountian bike. Whew!

The movie was under an hour and was well-worth seeing. It was interesting that Marla and...oh god, a senior moment! I can't remember the name of the female track star Olympian/fastest woman in the world....anywhoo, Marla and the Olympian were the only females who used their body/legs for speed while all the men were race car drivers, engineers, ect. trying to obtain top speed.

(I couldn't remember Jan Urrlich the other day either...
it's the AZ heat, gotta be, as I mumble away under a cool rock).

Oh, one more thing, have any of you ever heard of or ridden a bike called a...oh no, not again...I think it's called a "V10" and it's supposed to get tighter when you ride over rough terrain. I heard someone mention it in the same breathe with Marla Strump.
Terry

Kpicha
07-01-2003, 05:07 PM
I've read about the movie and it sure looks interesting! Unbelievably, Marla Streb is 37 yrs old and doing all of this!!:eek: I find that very fascinating and it sure gives me hope of getting back in shape. I recently read a review in a magazine and can't remember where it was but she really sounds like a nice, down to earth woman. I cannot imagine going down a mountain, over all those roots and rocks at 70 mph!!! That's insane! I have a hard enough time going more than 20 mph.

Yeah, the V10 is a downhill racing mountain bike made by Santa Cruz and it gets 10 inches of travel! I would love to take one of those for a spin one day! :cool: That and maybe a real dirt bike. Crazy, I know, but it sure sounds like a lot of fun!

Well, anyway, I would love to see that movie!

Cheers,
Kristina