PDA

View Full Version : Well, womanly issues....wetness

Robbin_G
02-26-2006, 07:07 PM
Ok, I've Googled and Googled so I will just have to ask people. I'm a fairly new rider and I've yet to go without undies on a ride. I am a very, shall we say, damp woman. I wear pantiliners daily. I can't imagine using Butt'r! What a mess that would be. A chamois will just be like a giant sponge of unwanted wetness and odors. Sweat I can handle! Other things just seem gross.

Thoughts? Cures?

Thanks!

Cari
02-27-2006, 10:54 AM
I would think that once you stopped wearing undies, you'd be less wet and more comfortable. The chamois is supposed to wick moisture (both sweat and whatever else is down there) away from your body so that it can evaporate. Most of them also have antibacterial properties, which is also good for your private parts and for preventing odors.

Just make sure you have a pair of shorts with a good chamois, as opposed to a glorified diaper. Look for wicking materials, antibacterial properties, and seamless construction. And just give it a try! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

As for the Chamois Butt'r... I use Chamois Creme, and it doesn't get messy at all. (I think they're both similar, except that Chamois Butt'r is more liquid.) I wear it around the area where my tush rests on the saddle, so, um, a little further back and more to the sides than the source of your 'issues'.

Good luck, and please let us know how it works out!

~Carissa