PDA

View Full Version : Warning: puppy+shorts chamois.....

wabisabi
02-26-2006, 12:50 PM
:(

Some of you may recall that I lost a dear girl dog a few months back, and, as happens with me and dogs, I recently acquired a new girl with a chicken-chasing problem at her previous home (fortunately, I have no chickens; a fox terrier seems kind of hard-wired for that sort of thing). Anyway, she is very cute (she's the little one)>

However, I made the mistake of leaving my only 1 yr. old PI's on the bed, chamois side up, with this result:

fortunately for her, it is hard to stay mad at her, but I won't make this mistake again; you all probably already know this, but it has been a while since I had a puppy!

brok
02-26-2006, 01:12 PM
I have a 6 month old Cardigan Welsh Corgi. He eats/chews on everything!!! I made the mistake of leaving him out of his crate while I was gone. He scaled the back of the couch, got on the kitchen counter and found a highlighter. :eek: He was considerate enough to take it to the floor and not ruin my new sectional. Did you know that highlighter is not permenant and comes up with a carpet cleaner.:D I will note not to leave any cycling clothes, especially shorts where he can get to them. Sorry about your short, but your puppy is cute!!:D

nuthatch
02-26-2006, 03:38 PM
God loves a terrier! I call my young one "the Dispose-all" because NOTHING is safe!

yellow
02-26-2006, 03:43 PM
I think my husband and I were the closest to the big D than we ever have been when our sweet girl was 6 months old.

Of course the only thing she ever ruined beyond repair was a pair of DH's prescription sunglasses. Nothing of mine or nothing else I really had heartburn with. :p

wabisabi
02-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks, that's a good reminder to dog proof the house more. My lab just looks at me with a look that says "what were you thinking?" although he does like to cuddle with her, and she is a smart one.

TrekJeni
02-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Robin ate the crotch out of my favorite pair of cycling shorts a few weeks ago. My sympathies.
Jeni

Nanci
02-28-2006, 03:39 AM
Ah, yet another reason to love pigeons!

Nanci

yellow
02-28-2006, 06:59 AM

Nanci
I take it pigeons aren't like parrots in that they don't eat all the moulding in your house? :p Sadly, I don't have my moulding eater anymore. The little bipolar guy I have now (green cheek conure) is really pretty mellow, even though he is bipolar. Birds ARE great companions. But I love my pooch too!

wabisabi
02-28-2006, 07:51 AM

Well, previously I would have said 'but you can't hike with them' but now that I know otherwise.....we don't seem to have pigeons here, but how about a nice seagull??

Nanci
02-28-2006, 10:37 AM
The worst a pigeon can do is poop all over. I've had parrots, too. My books, electric cords, everything! still show signs even after the birds are long gone...

The thing I remember most clearly about my first road marathon (Clearwater Beach, FL) was getting back to my hotel and feeding the seagulls on the beach my leftover boiled potatoes. (Supposed perfect running food- salted boiled potatoes- salt, liquid, carbs, easy on stomach. I went through a phase of them, but moved on to something better.)

Nanci