PDA

View Full Version : aussie/kiwi & Uk/Europe chickies-food q

crazycanuck
02-24-2006, 06:11 AM
I keep reading the posts from the loverly ladies up north about luna bars and the other yummy foods they can purchase up dere...( I tried to get luna bars on their site but their international distributors are in Canada & the uk...)...

After drooling over thier posts i had a thought- what about what we chickies outside of Canada & the states....what do you/we use to keep us going on rides and do you know of any Australian/nz/uk onine shops

So far, the only bar that tastes yummy & readily available in Perth is the Chocolate Powerbar...

I used to use ProCrunch in Auckland & it was soooo yummy & kept me rollin..Now the only way to get them is order them online from qld.

Whilst in Melbourne i found Bumble bar & yummmmmmmm....

So chicks...enlighten me....:o

c

Eden
02-24-2006, 08:04 AM
REI ( www.rei.com )carries Luna Bars (among other yummy energy bar treats) and ships world wide as far as I can tell. I don't know if they have restrictions about shipping food items, but it might be worth a try. None of the energy bar/drink companies are in the list of brands that can only be shipped to the US and/or Canada so I suspect that you probably can get them.
the international shipping rates are fairly high so you'd have to order a lot to make it worth it - maybe you could get together a bunch of people who want to try them?
0-$50 $19
$50.01-$100 $33
$100.01-$200 $42
$200.01-$300 $51
$300.01-$400 $60
$400.01-$500 $71
$500.01-$800 $80
$800.01 and up 10% of total

RoadRaven
02-24-2006, 11:00 AM
Middle Earth here...

I don't use power bars and energy bars... for one thing they are toooo chewy, and for another they are way too expensive...

I buy muesli style bars for kids lunchboxes... the best I have found to eat WHILE riding (that is, not pulling over to side of road to eat which I don't do) are the "Mother Earth" brand - Baked Fruit Sticks (apple) or Fruit Bars (apricot). They are soft and not chewy and moist enough not to get stuck in the throat as you chew and swallow while riding.

However, that being said my longest rides sit just under two hours... I'm not an enduro rider.

When my son and partner go out for their Sunday ride which is typically between 120 and 180km, they tend to take a selection of muesli bars, bananas and leppin satchets...

crazycanuck
02-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Eden, thanks for the REI link, will check it out...It's often annoying going to a site overseas & finding out they won't post outside of N america...clothing included...:mad:

Roadraven..I use leppin on my long rides & swear by it. Had i not done the round taupo in 04 I wouldn't have discovered it.
I don't normally stop to eat while riding & try to keep on truckin. Eating a banana while riding can be fun..

I haven't seen Mother earth bars here in perth but will keep my eye out for them...

c

DirtDiva
02-25-2006, 02:45 AM
Yum. Mother Earth stuff is good. I just tend to take fruit and/or a muesli bar(s) and water, but I don't tend to do more than a 2hr ride either.