PDA

View Full Version : B.R.A.G. Bike Ride Across GA. Anyone ride this?

lovemybike
02-22-2006, 10:03 PM
I have a friend who has just recently moved to Savannah. He has read somewhere about BRAG, the "Bike Ride Across Georgia." Just wondering if anyone has been involved in this ride before. I think it's about 7 days of riding, from Dalton to Agusta or Vise Versa. Any info? They have a website that we have checked out, but I would like to hear from someone whose been there.

Nanci
02-23-2006, 03:35 AM
http://www.brag.org

(I've never done it. There are several big rides like that in Florida, too, including Bike Florida, which I would really like to do, maybe next year!)

Nanci

ladyfish
02-23-2006, 07:17 AM
I LOVE that area. My wish is to return to Augusta to live one day. Let me know if you decide to do that ride. Sounds well organized.

Pedal Wench
02-23-2006, 07:51 AM
I know a LOT of people who did it, and they loved it. I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about it.

Try asking on this website -- it's the main local site for Atlanta riders: www.bikesbl.org It's the Southern Bike League, and they're very involved with BRAG.

kaybee
03-07-2006, 08:14 AM
BRAG does start here in Dalton on June 10 this year. Here's the link for more info:

http://www.brag.org/

It will go right past my house on the first day! If any of you ride, let me know, and I'll be out there cheering you on.

KB

Waverly
03-15-2006, 05:43 AM
Brag actually sponsors three different rides. One during the fall which is in Newnan, Ga and one during the spring which is in Madison, Ga. The summer BRAG changes locations every year. I have gone on all three rides and have really enjoyed myself. They have several different options for distances to ride everyday so they work well for all different type riders. It's a lot of fun.

Jessica

JoyfullySo
03-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Some girls in my town did BRAG 2 years ago. They said it was great- very well orgainized, and plenty of volunteers.

I am shooting for it in a few years, after my kiddos are bigger.

Enjoy!!!

wannaduacentury
05-23-2006, 08:06 AM
I met a couple who did BRAG last yr. It was from Columbus to Sav and a more flat route w/ some rolling hills (BTW I live in GA) This yr I'm told it a lot more hilly, in the foothills of the GA mtns and 2 people from the local club are gearing up for it. I know this isn't much, but I would be prepared and conditioned for all types of terrain. It is a supported ride via the website. I'd like to do it one day myself:)