PDA

View Full Version : Terry T-short

Fuji Girl
02-22-2006, 08:59 AM
So I bought these (the 2005 model) and was so excited when they came in the mail! But when I tried them on, the chamois pokes out in the back! It doesn't curve up with your butt, just sticks straight out in a really unattractive way.

Does anyone else have these shorts with this problem? I really want them to work because everything else fits great. Or should I return them? Thanks!

yellow
02-22-2006, 09:26 AM
I've had this happen with shorts that are too big. The short actually may not be tight enough to pull the chamois closer to the body. However, in MOST (not all) cases, once I wash and wear the shorts a couple of times the chamois "softens" and doesn't stick out as much.

I think the Terry shorts are pretty "true" to what we Americans have come to think of as S-M-L. (Now...in those Europeeeen brands like Assos and EtxeOndo I wear a larger size!)

Which brings to mind a question that I've pondered for some time but never asked: Does anyone know if the chamois (chamoises?? :rolleyes: ) are generally the same size in all short sizes or if they are "adjusted" for the sizes??

sydney_b
02-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Which brings to mind a question that I've pondered for some time but never asked: Does anyone know if the chamois (chamoises?? :rolleyes: ) are generally the same size in all short sizes or if they are "adjusted" for the sizes??

good question. I'd like to know the answer too.

SheMoon
03-17-2006, 01:16 PM
While there is a size difference between men's specific chamois and women's specific chamois, the size of the chamois generally does not change from size to size.

CorsairMac
03-17-2006, 01:17 PM
While there is a size difference between men's specific chamois and women's specific chamois, the size of the chamois generally does not change from size to size.

hmmmmm - is your id short for Sheila Moon??

bcipam
03-17-2006, 01:24 PM
I love the Terry T-Short and never have a problem with them. The Chamois fits nme just fine. Note they are now on sale for $40. I just order 2 pairs (the longer one as I have about 6 pairs of the shorter ones).

Over the years I've bought alot from Terry. I never have a problem with them in returning clothing. They are also very responsive to emails and questions. Georgeana runs a good company. Send them an email. Who knows, maybe there is a problem with this one chamois.

Fuji Girl
03-19-2006, 07:53 AM
The ones that I bought from the Terry site were from 2005, but I got another pair (2006) from REI and I don't have that problem. In fact, i like them better because the rise is lower! I think I'm sticking with the 2006 ones and returning the 2005s.

Selkie
03-19-2006, 12:06 PM
I noticed that Terry changed it's sizing last year -- they seemed to run large. I have mediums that I bought in 2004 that fit but the mediums that I got in 2005 are way too big. I had to "retire" them to a just-in-case-I-gain-weight giant ziploc storage bag full of other stuff that's too big for me now.

I used to be a big fan of Terry shorts but after I tried a couple of other brands (PI and Sugoi), I really don't find the chamois that Terry uses to be enough for me.

Those shorts sound like they are too big for you Fuji. You'll have to forgive me because I had a visual of what you described and LOL'ed.