PDA

View Full Version : 1st dog transport

newfsmith
02-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Since my dog is a Newfoundland, a petite Newf of 110 pounds, I've never contemplated riding with her. It would involve investing in a serious trailer. However, my son & daughter-in-law have a Silky Terrier. "Harry" is an older boy (just how old we don't know) that has a lot of problems. Josh dropped him off at work this morning for some more tests. Harry, all 7.6 lbs of him, rode home tucked in the front of my jacket with his head poked out the top by my chin. I don't know if he enjoyed or was scared to death, but he never attempted to climb out. Josh tells me he enjoyed it because his mouth was open, that is one of those things only a parent can know for sure.

Duck on Wheels
02-21-2006, 05:35 PM
If he didn't pee down your front - or worse - I'd say he wasn't scared to death.

Pedal Wench
02-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Uh - oh. I always thought my baby was too small to be part Newf, but he only weighs 125 lbs...

He's not going riding with me any time soon!

Trek420
02-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Pedal Wench "He's not going riding with me any time soon!"

a little small for the Newf but....

http://www.wicycle.com/ldt.htm

DeniseGoldberg
02-22-2006, 05:17 AM
What a great story! I suspect that Josh is right and that your puppy rider liked the experience.

--- Denise

Lise
02-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Great story! I'll bet it was a great adventure for him. :D

MomOnBike
02-23-2006, 09:10 AM
The real test, of course, is whether or not the dog begs to go again when he sees you in your bike gear. He just might, you know. For dogs, there are no exceptions, only precidents (as I said to DH when he gave Monty food from the dinner table last night).

SadieKate
02-23-2006, 09:32 AM
For dogs, there are no exceptions, only precidents (as I said to DH when he gave Monty food from the dinner table last night).Isn't it funny how dogs learn faster than husbands?:rolleyes:

yellow
02-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Isn't it funny how dogs learn faster than husbands?:rolleyes:
Hmmm....I now have a pre-pre-rinse cycle for my dishes that came about as a result of a situation not unlike MOB's.

And he was the one that originally said "No dogs on the couch!" Yeah, right.

MomOnBike
02-24-2006, 08:01 AM
This is why DH, my first husband, is also my last. I'm not young enough to train another to my standards. :rolleyes:

That, and he actively encourages me to ride my bike....

massbikebabe
02-24-2006, 08:29 AM
We got our Bichon when my son was 7 years old. Needless to say she loves to do things 7 year old boys do...skateboard, chase frogs, hide in the treehouse. She HATES baths and being groomed...there went my hopes for a show girl. She loves sitting in a milk crate on his bike rack being towed around the neighborhood. She also loves to put on her sweater and make snow angels:D They are inserable!! Has I write this they are both still in bed
having stayed up too late last night to watch the Amgen races!!

karen