PDA

View Full Version : More opinions please.

Wahine
01-25-2014, 03:59 PM
First of all, thank you very much for your input thus far.

Based on the feedback I got from this poll (http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=53127), I've tweaked out Logo B and I'd love more feedback on what I've done here.

Be prepared, I plan to work on Logo C as well, based on some feedback from someone in the biz and I'll likely annoy you with more calls for feedback. :):)

salsabike
01-26-2014, 09:07 AM
I like #2 especially. Having the wheel be in the G gets your attention right away, and having the G be a little better than the rest of the letters makes it stand out just enough. I like this design a lot.

OakLeaf
01-26-2014, 09:14 AM
I think #4 looks cleaner with the matching G's.

Wasp
01-26-2014, 09:32 AM
I agree with Oak. I liked #4
Do you have the same version with less spokes in the G? I'd like to see if that makes much difference.

OakLeaf
01-26-2014, 09:36 AM
You know, I'm with Wasp, I think it might look better with fewer spokes. I mentioned in the other thread that I didn't like the G all that much, and now I'm tending to think that's because it looks too busy to me.

I'd be interested to see it, anyway.

Wahine
01-26-2014, 10:44 AM
I agree with Oak. I liked #4
Do you have the same version with less spokes in the G? I'd like to see if that makes much difference.

So here's the deal. I'm sure you've all figured out that I'm a bit of a geek about bikes. Here's a bit of a confession, the number of spokes in the wheel is accurate to a true bike wheel configuration. Not only that, it's a reasonable number of spokes for a good sturdy wheel for the average rider. Yes, I thought about it that hard. :o:o

Having said that, I recognize that visual impact is more important here than a wheel that will stay true on rough roads under moderate stress. I'm going to head back to the drawing board and play with it a bit. :):)

lph
01-26-2014, 11:11 AM
Having said that, I recognize that visual impact is more important here than a wheel that will stay true on rough roads under moderate stress.

Uh, yeah. :D

I love your thinking, though.

Wahine
01-26-2014, 12:12 PM
So here are all of the logos from above redone with a 16 spoke wheel.

I have to admit that I like these significantly better.

lph
01-26-2014, 12:23 PM
So now I like no. 7 better. The cleaner G jumps out, it's a striking logo of its own.

maillotpois
01-27-2014, 08:17 AM
Yeah I like 7 now also.

azfiddle
01-27-2014, 01:10 PM
I agree- I think it's nice to have the graphic logo in addition to the name.
Sharon

OakLeaf
01-27-2014, 01:32 PM
I can't decide between 7 and 8.

Sixteen spokes is plenty for a modern road bike front wheel anyway. :D

Helene2013
01-27-2014, 01:41 PM
For me it's 6. I like less is better in a logo.

emily_in_nc
01-27-2014, 05:53 PM
I like 7 best -- the big G could stand on its own on products when you have a huge line!

Wasp
01-28-2014, 10:10 AM
I liked 7 best. It's very clear as to what the business is. With the spoked G as the logo i think it adds panache. You could also use the spoked G on stickers when you do a bike fitting and people will start to recognize your logo and you know how much other cyclists like to give other cyclists bikes a good look. You could also have a weekly group ride all wearing jersey's with large G on the back. Do one in the summer and I'll come down...lol

Wahine
01-28-2014, 11:27 AM
You could also have a weekly group ride all wearing jersey's with large G on the back. Do one in the summer and I'll come down...lol

Funny you should say that

My SO and I are thinking about doing a weekend workshop for road cycling, beginner to intermediate. It would include skills clinics, riding time (obviously), basic mechanical stuff/maintenance and a couple of "Ask Cassie" sessions that would be tailored to group demand, we could cover nutrition, training, injury prevention, basic fitting...

Anyway, this is certainly not written in stone yet and when we figure the details and are ready to commit, I'll announce it here on TE.

Meanwhile, we do participate in weekly group rides here in The Gorge. If you're ever down this way, let me know and I'll fill you in.

sookiesue
03-06-2014, 07:29 PM
I like 7 and agree with Emily that it the G be a great single stand-out logo. Like when you see the Specialized "S" logo (regardless of how you feel about specialized) you know what it means.

Trek420
03-07-2014, 09:03 AM
I like 6 right now. They are all good and I keep changing my mind as I write. Feedback in random order:

7: Questioning the G. People will see your logo from all around the planer and for someone out of the area they are not familiar with Gorge as an area. They could also think "Oh, they gorge on grub, garlic and gatoraide? Is this their name and in George Gorge? What's with this G? The wheel image is good but if you want it in the background try/consider centering the logo in a circle with the spokes a light gray. The most powerful logo designs are based on a circle, square OR (not and) triangle anyhow so that's a good composition. Then you'd have the wheel but without the confusion typographically.

5) Kick back, soft focus, just looking at it. The twin wheels, two bold letters in the middle do crowd the R in the middle. More important they can read as eyes, there's too much risk of what we used to call "social error". That's when I designed a t'shirt and the logo's right on the bQQbs. Don't be that designer. ;) :D

8) Very nice. I've forgotten all of my typography terms, the horizontal bar of the G looks like a smudge without the wheel/spokes to give it a reason for being. I like the serif typeface and especially the nice bits of air/space afforded by the CLC (caps/lower case) of BikeFitter. I'm just not sure about that sans serif font and then the serif ORG because of the form of the G. Very nice but still going hmmmm.

6) So I'm back to 6. It's simple, elegant, readable and could be pushed further in fun applications. If I wasn't doing homework and taxes right now I'd just play with it and push it further. Take the outline away because we never know where this will be used and play with that. You could take a very clean, faint or grayed image of spokes fanning out and just play with composition and positioning in/on that image. Imagine your business stationary, nice paper with the spokes background throughout and the logotype floating somewhere near the top. Have fun, play with it.

Yep, I still like 6 :D

Wahine
03-08-2014, 08:33 AM
I like 6 right now. They are all good and I keep changing my mind as I write. Feedback in random order:

7: Questioning the G. People will see your logo from all around the planer and for someone out of the area they are not familiar with Gorge as an area. They could also think "Oh, they gorge on grub, garlic and gatoraide? Is this their name and in George Gorge? What's with this G? The wheel image is good but if you want it in the background try/consider centering the logo in a circle with the spokes a light gray. The most powerful logo designs are based on a circle, square OR (not and) triangle anyhow so that's a good composition. Then you'd have the wheel but without the confusion typographically.

5) Kick back, soft focus, just looking at it. The twin wheels, two bold letters in the middle do crowd the R in the middle. More important they can read as eyes, there's too much risk of what we used to call "social error". That's when I designed a t'shirt and the logo's right on the bQQbs. Don't be that designer. ;) :D

8) Very nice. I've forgotten all of my typography terms, the horizontal bar of the G looks like a smudge without the wheel/spokes to give it a reason for being. I like the serif typeface and especially the nice bits of air/space afforded by the CLC (caps/lower case) of BikeFitter. I'm just not sure about that sans serif font and then the serif ORG because of the form of the G. Very nice but still going hmmmm.

6) So I'm back to 6. It's simple, elegant, readable and could be pushed further in fun applications. If I wasn't doing homework and taxes right now I'd just play with it and push it further. Take the outline away because we never know where this will be used and play with that. You could take a very clean, faint or grayed image of spokes fanning out and just play with composition and positioning in/on that image. Imagine your business stationary, nice paper with the spokes background throughout and the logotype floating somewhere near the top. Have fun, play with it.

Yep, I still like 6 :D

Thank you for this amazingly awesome and detailed feedback.

Trek420
03-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Thank you for this amazingly awesome and detailed feedback.

You're welcome!