PDA

View Full Version : Gorge Bike Fitter Logos

Wahine
01-23-2014, 02:58 PM
Hi Ladies,

I have some logos for you all to look at and give me feedback on. None of the logos is in a truly finished state, though 2 of them are close. Logo C will need a lot more work if I go with that one, including a helmet on the right-most rider but I wanted to through it out there to see if it's even worth me putting more time into it. I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback.

I've never tried posting a poll thread. I hope this works.

Veronica
01-23-2014, 03:08 PM
I like B because I didn't have to think too hard about it. :D

Veronica

jobob
01-23-2014, 03:22 PM
I like B as well, it's attractive, tidy & easy to read.

... and I didn't see V's response before I formed my opinion, honest! ;)

OakLeaf
01-23-2014, 03:33 PM
I like C. Sorry. :p I'm not a big fan of the "G" in the other options, plus I like the representation of the different riding positions, that makes it clear you'll be accessible to all kinds of riders.

Veronica
01-23-2014, 03:48 PM
And in my head I was seeing C as triathlon events, but that didn't quite compute, so I didn't "get" it. :D

It's been a long day.

Veronica

Wahine
01-23-2014, 03:56 PM
The C logo is definitely meant to give an impression of the diversity of fitting that I do and to also have an "Old Timey" kind of feel to convey experience and expertise. Having said that, I would consider the example I've put up here, very rough. The text isn't balanced appropriately, the border is not finished and I would add in some decorative flourishes to balance out the negative space in the final logo. That's a lot of work, so I was trying to get an impression of if it was even worth working on further.

luvmyguys
01-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Of the current choices, B is my favorite.

I liked C, but I'd tweak it to add some simple wheels to the figures. As it is, I could potentially see someone with a sick mind looking at it and seeing something obscene.

Catrin
01-23-2014, 04:27 PM
I liked B the best because it is both clear and simple - things I prefer in logos :) C is fun and was my second choice.

Helene2013
01-23-2014, 05:00 PM
I like B too. C looks like sex positions. haha

Wahine
01-23-2014, 05:11 PM
I like B too. C looks like sex positions. haha

This is why I aborted the idea of a Vitruvian man type logo. I couldn't make it look clean.:eek::eek:

Veronica
01-23-2014, 06:20 PM
Thom also likes B. :D He mentioned that if you're thinking about signs, you want them easy to read and maybe have something different on business cards.

Veronica

Owlie
01-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Of the current choices, B is my favorite.

I liked C, but I'd tweak it to add some simple wheels to the figures. As it is, I could potentially see someone with a sick mind looking at it and seeing something obscene.

That would be me... Sigh. :o

I like B. Simple, easy to read at a glance. :)

salsabike
01-23-2014, 08:11 PM
I like B. It's just plain elegant.

lph
01-23-2014, 09:54 PM
I like B and D. B is easy to "get", D is slightly more interesting. C looks kinky and A is just a little bit too busy for my taste.

If you wanted to go with A, I'd redo the design so that the R is less out of line with the other letters, even if that would mean messing with the bikes lines. I like the bike, it's just the letters that aren't aligned that rub me the wrong way. I like the oval around the logo.

eta: And I'd change the two T's in "fitter" (in A) to be aligned with the others too, for the same reason.

eta2: Ok, I'm all over the place today. I actually do like D best. The G in the centre is aesthetically pleasing.

Wasp
01-23-2014, 10:23 PM
From strictly a consumer view I prefer logos that don't require a lot of thought to figure out what it's saying. Simpler is usually better. I liked B. Have you looked at just........Gorge bike fitter (with the G having the wheel design)
Just a thought :)

azfiddle
01-24-2014, 06:56 AM
After looking and also considering the comments, I also prefer B.

maillotpois
01-24-2014, 07:24 AM
I voted before looking at the comments, but they reflected why I chose B. I did like A as a second choice.

Crankin
01-24-2014, 07:28 AM
I immediately went to B, so that's what I chose. I do like C, but it was too "busy." A few tweaks to simplify it might work for me. I didn't see anything sexy, but I was focused on bikes!

jobob
01-24-2014, 09:36 AM
From strictly a consumer view I prefer logos that don't require a lot of thought to figure out what it's saying. Simpler is usually better. I liked B. Have you looked at just........Gorge bike fitter (with the G having the wheel design)

I like Wasp's idea, kind of a blend of B and A. Take design B and modify it so the G in Gorge is the wheel design (the way it is in A), but keep the simple, clean lettering of B. You'd need to reduce the font size of BikeFitter but I don't think that would be a problem.

Wahine
01-24-2014, 09:44 AM

Here are some options on that line. I kept the original and played with the font on the other 3 options to try to achieve a better balance with the Wheel G.

lph
01-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Nr. 2. The R lines up nicelyy with the F.

I had no idea I had such a thing for aligned letters. Sorry :-D

OakLeaf
01-24-2014, 01:11 PM
:D No. 2, but for the font.

Trek420
01-24-2014, 05:19 PM
The C logo is definitely meant to give an impression of the diversity of fitting that I do and to also have an "Old Timey" kind of feel to convey experience and expertise. Having said that, I would consider the example I've put up here, very rough. The text isn't balanced appropriately, the border is not finished and I would add in some decorative flourishes to balance out the negative space in the final logo. That's a lot of work, so I was trying to get an impression of if it was even worth working on further.

I like c best for complex reasons I'll try to explain later. :)

ny biker
01-24-2014, 07:46 PM
I prefer B because it's simple. C would be my second choice, but it has too much trapped white space. A and D are too hard to read, especially D -- if I hadn't seen B and C next to it, I don't know if I would have been able to figure out that one of the words is "gorge."

Anyway that was my reaction.

Good luck!!

Trek420
01-24-2014, 09:17 PM

The negative space is good in C. Resist the urge to fill it up. Think of the logotype as a painting perfectly balanced in a blank wall. Let the eye have a ill' room to move. You'll have greater legibility. D

Trek - less is more - 420

Irulan
01-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Another vote for B. Clean, simple and effective.

One thing to consider is logo reproduction. I can see that C might have issues in readability if it were any smaller.

I could potentially see a little figure silhouette (like one from C) overland on the wheel of B.