PDA

View Full Version : Ball Squats Video

Veronica
11-30-2013, 09:42 AM
Look ma! No hands! :D

Next challenge is to get them a little deeper. Standing feels very stable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcOosLRKpjM

Veronica

ridebikeme
12-01-2013, 12:38 AM
That's great Veronica!! Would it help to think about pushing your butt back even before your knees bend Although it feeld a bit strange, it keeps back,hips and knees in a straight line and generally allows us to get abit lower. No criticism on my end, but as a PT that's generally how we would teach people...

I think it's great what you're doing, and can only imagine how much of this will translate over to your bike and your every day activities.
Keep up the good work!!

Veronica
12-01-2013, 03:16 AM
I'll try that. Although to be honest, all I was really thinking about at that time, was staying balanced. I'm pretty happy with my progress; it's only the second time I've done them on the ball.

Veronica

ridebikeme
12-01-2013, 06:25 AM
You're doing GREAT!! I know that lots of programs use this as part of dryland training for either alpine or nordic skiers. Being that this is only your second time, you're truly an inspiration! Keep up the good work!:)

Veronica
12-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Yeah, not bad for an old lady. :D Although I think by TE standards I'm more middle aged.

Veronica

Wahine
12-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Awesome!

The last time I tried squats on a stability ball I decided to jump off and ended up fracturing my wrist. I've been too chicken since. Good work!

How did you get up on the ball? Free standing or with hand support?

C.

Veronica
12-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Getting on the ball is the worst part. I hold on to the cage with both hands and sort of get my feet situated. To get off I hold onto the cage and kind of kick the ball away from me and then drop down where it was.

Veronica

Wahine
12-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Getting on the ball is the worst part. I hold on to the cage with both hands and sort of get my feet situated. To get off I hold onto the cage and kind of kick the ball away from me and then drop down where it was.

Veronica

This technique would be much safer than what I did when I fractured my wrist!