PDA

View Full Version : FS -- Track Bike -- 56cm -- $700

velogirl
02-18-2006, 03:36 PM
This is a beautiful, unique and historical bike, originally built for Bobby Walthour by San Jose frame-builder Dale Sasso but logo’d by Specialized and Britton’s Bicycles (they sponsored Bobby at the time). I bought the bike used and only rode it at the track a couple of times. Now it’s just collecting dust at my house. This bike deserves a loving owner!

This bike is located in the San Francisco area. Buyer picks up or pays actual shipping charges (or you could ride it home).

Selling the complete bike as is:

Frame – steel, small blems, no dents or dings, top tube = 56cm (c-c), seat tube = 56cm (c-c)
Bar – Nitto?
Stem – Salsa
Seat Post -- ?
Saddle – Specialized
Front Wheel -- Zipp 340 carbon tubular
Rear Wheel – Mavic Gel 280 rim, Campy hum (handbuilt by Hector Chavez at Winning Wheels) – 2-x soldered spokes – training wheel
Cranks – Dura Ace 165
Front Ring -- 47t
Cog – 16t
Chain – KMC (new)
Pedals – nope!
Weight (complete bike) – 18.5 lbs

Additionally, I’ll throw in three chain rings (Campy 46t, Sugino 48t, Sugino 49t) and 3 cogs (Suntour 13t, Suntour 14t, Suntour 15t)

Photos available on my craig's list posting:

http://www.craigslist.org/pen/bik/135058800.html

BikeMomma
02-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Waaayy sweet! And my size! Oh lordie I'm in trouble.....:eek: :D :eek: :D

velogirl
02-19-2006, 02:20 PM
I'll be in Merced and Snelling next weekend.....

BikeMomma
02-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Ha!! Yea, saw that, which makes it all the more tempting!! :D :D I'll be there racing Cat4's. Are you gals doing the McLane too?

Atwater is about 7mi northwest of Merced. Real close!

velogirl
02-19-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm racing Snelling with my development team. Not doing Merced Crit or either McLane.

Ping me off the board -- Lorri@velogirls.com

BikeMomma
03-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Lorri, congrats on your finish at Snelling. Your team did well! We were in the same group (4A), but I didn't realize it until Sunday, when I saw the complete finish results and saw your name.

Just have to say....if I had spoken to you any more about the track bike, it would have been mine, and my hubby would have disowned me. Hence, the reason for the non-reply. :p :p Hope you find a buyer (other than me...sigh...) and soon!!

Hope to actually meet you at other races this year...
:) ~BikeMomma

velogirl
03-03-2006, 06:53 PM
What were you wearing? Did I ride with you at all?

BikeMomma
03-03-2006, 08:56 PM
I was the tall one with the ponytail (brunette), cranberry color Giro helmet, black Fuji bike. My jersey was this one from TrashyCat (my kit from McGuire hadn't come in yet so I had to wear a regular jersey):

http://www.trashycat.com/contactcommerce/images/item_detail/tornpnk_ss.jpg

I'm sure we rode alongside at one point or another -- just didn't know it! I finished with the main pack. I also rode Sunday, but wore a different jersey (the Amici Veloci jersey).
~B

velogirl
03-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Yup! I remember the jersey. Always worry when women don't have a team kit -- don't know the background or the skills.

Okay, I'm confused about the McGuire thing. McGuire is now an elite U28 team. You're a CAT 4, right? Their women are all CAT1 & CAT 2. How'd you swing that?

And what's your name? I'm Lorri.

I was the tall one with the ponytail (brunette), cranberry color Giro helmet, black Fuji bike. My jersey was this one from TrashyCat (my kit from McGuire hadn't come in yet so I had to wear a regular jersey):

I'm sure we rode alongside at one point or another -- just didn't know it! I finished with the main pack. I also rode Sunday, but wore a different jersey (the Amici Veloci jersey).
~B

BikeMomma
03-05-2006, 07:54 PM
I figured I'd get asked that at some point. ;) And because of that, I suspect I'll be a marked woman during races. It'll just make it more challenging for me. :) In addition to the elite team, McGuire also has a club for all CAT's. The owner of the LBS where I bought my bike knows Laura C., found out I wanted to get back into racing, emailed her asking if she could help, and she emailed back an invitation for me to join the club. I met everyone at the team ride last month -- nice group!

The main reason I joined, other than the possibility of occasionally having a team(club)mate or two in a race, is the organization. Laura C. and Cindy C. are extremely accomplished, experienced, and most importantly, are willing to help motivated riders. The opportunity to tap into that I just couldn't pass up, even for a 2 1/2 hour drive just to go to the team ride.... The local club around here just doesn't have as much to offer, as much as I admire and appreciate the people I ride with regularly.

~BikeMomma (Kim)

velogirl
03-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Ah ha! Well, that's gotta be the best kept secret in local racing. But the kit's so ugly, Kim!!! You should be wearing something pink.....

BikeMomma
03-06-2006, 08:54 AM
From what I understand, the club is a new thing this year. They're still recruiting. There were several potential club riders at the ride last month.

:p Yea, the colors could be a little more eye-pleasing, huh? I have a feeling the bees are gonna love the yellow! I'll see how this season goes with the club. The fact that they're based all the way up in Northern Ca could become a problem, but so far we've done ok by email. If I don't end up ever riding with any teammates in a race, I might think about switching next year, because that is one of the reasons I joined (to have teammates). But I'll just have to see...

velogirl
03-06-2006, 08:56 AM
What about CVC? Aren't they right in your neck of the woods. I know they don't have many women, but at least it would be a team you could train with.

BikeMomma
03-06-2006, 10:02 AM
True, and I thought of that, but again - the coaching staff convinced me to go with McGuire. A gal I ride with in Merced, Charlotte Johnson, started riding for CVC this year, CAT4. She did quite well over these two weekends in Merced (she got 7th in the CAT3/4 McLane Crit). She was in our 4A Snelling group, as well. Her kit wasn't in either, so she didn't have CVC's colors on.

BikeMomma
03-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Maybe I'm overthinking this, but hope I didn't offend with what I said about preferring the coaching staff of McGuire over any other club. It occured to me that my statement probably was not very tactful, seeing as I was saying it to the coach of the Velogirls! Forgive me and my big, say-it-and-think-later mouth. I'm NOT AT ALL meaning that the staff of the Velogirls is not just as good....pink is not outside the realm of possibility. :) :)

~Kim

velogirl
03-12-2006, 03:53 PM
I actually didn't understand your statements, Kim. When you said the "coaching staff convinced you" I thought you meant someone was advising you/persuaded you.