PDA

View Full Version : thread drift-edging into the present technologically speaking

marni
08-24-2013, 08:30 PM
so my daughter came down to spend the weekend with and brought me her old smart phone as she had switched her account from ours over to her new husbands and gotten a new smart phone in the process. Mind you this is me who on a good day can manage to turn on her basic cell phone to make or take a call. The good news is that so far using it seems pretty intuitive but all I have set up is a contact phone list clock a calendar and a weather report. I will acquaint myself thoroughly before I go further.
slowly but surely, with the ease and pace of a snail avoiding danger I am edging towards being a functional digital woman.

In the meantime I gave my a tumbler/ composter for his birthday and we have it set up out on the porch. Rowena, she of the one brain cell and the memory of a goldfish startles and barks hysterically at it each time she goes outside to do her business and refused to eat because that thing was there.

Its a sad day when you can feel good about yourself because at least you can remember more than your corgie.

roo4
08-25-2013, 04:20 PM
1. Congrats on the smart phone. Alas, mine is still dumb. I don't even text.

2. Corgi? I love those dogs!

marni
08-25-2013, 04:33 PM
I had a very good and patient tutor in my daughter who basically set up the four basics I requested and showed me how to use them. I will become fluent in those first. It actually seems a bit more instinctive than the cell phone.

Owlie
08-25-2013, 06:47 PM
If it makes you feel better, my family and I only just got smart phones...