Surlygirl
02-12-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm waiting!!! :D

16 deg F. Feels like 0
Wind: From the North 16-23 mph gusts
Humidity: 75%
Pressure 29.47
Visibility 0.3 miles

18 inches already and its still snowing.
What do you got for me Corsair?

snapdragen
02-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Not Corsair - but here's the report from San Jose, CA.

Today: Sun along with patchy clouds. High 71F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight: Generally fair skies. Low near 45F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph

:cool:

Running Mommy
02-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Here is the weather station report up by my house. We have a weather station in our hood so I literally know EXACTLY what the temp will be for my ride. It was windy as heck this morning but has settled down.

Wind from 333 degrees @ 3.0 MPH Gusts to 6.0 MPH Temp 76F Humidity 9% Dewpoint 13F Pressure 1015.3 mb

Check that humidity out!! Can you say BONE DRY??!!

DeniseGoldberg
02-12-2006, 03:20 PM
No riding here today, but I did get out for a very snowy and somewhat slippery walk. And Jodi is right, it's bone-chilling cold! And although I would prefer to skip this winter weather, at least it came on a day when I didn't need to drive anywhere.

--- Denise

Crankin
02-12-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm putting those unused x country skis in my car (this time I won't forget the poles) and will be at the Stow Town Forest by 2:45 tomorrow..... I tried to think of a way to have a good excuse to leave work at 1:30, so i could go to Great Brook Farm (groomed and tracked), but I always fear that if I got hurt in any obvious way, my lie would become quickly apparent. I guess I'm too honest. That little thing called work is getting in the way of outdoor activity again!

Robyn

DeniseGoldberg
02-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Robyn -
I just spoke with a friend whose husband teaches in Framingham, and they've already canceled school for tomorrow. I guess you teach in one of those towns where school is always open (although I have to admit I was surprised at Framingham - I fully expect all of the roads to be clear by morning).

Have fun skiing.
--- Denise

CorsairMac
02-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Right Now for
Albuquerque, NM (87111)
Save this Location

On The Spot Weather

Fair
56°F
Feels Like
56°F
Updated Feb 13 02:25 p.m. MT

UV Index: 3 Moderate
Wind: From NW at 17 mph
gusting to 21 mph
Humidity: 12%
Pressure: 30.03 in.
Dew Point: 4°F
Visibility: 10.0 miles

Sorry Surly - I wasn't home yesterday but I've got ya covered today my friend!! and the extended forecast: highs in the 60s the rest of this week with 0% chance of precip!

Does that help hun?? :p

Crankin
02-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Yes, Denise Hudson is fairly conservative with snow days, but not in the unrealistic category. We certainly didn't need one today. Besides, I'd rather be out of school earlier in June. The kids don't want to be there and it's unbearable without AC. Anyway, I did go skiing, but going to conservation land to ski just isn't the same as groomed and tracked. The snow was good powder, but the tracks were mostly from snow mobiles, so they were too wide. I tend to ski in the middle in these places, but you're constantly having to move around just to keep gliding. There were quite a few people there at 2:50 when I got there (well, maybe 6-7). The trail I usually warm up on had a very large "lake" in the middle, with a stream crossing on the side that I just didn't want to risk being by myself. So I turned around and went up one of the other trails for awhile. I was only out about 45 minutes, but I have a nice relaxed feeling now. Nothing like fresh air.
Our construction started today. The place is totally a wreck. Not just the kitchen. Steve has 2 of the bathrooms totally demolished and is putting in the tile this week.