PDA

View Full Version : Recumbent Bicycle Trainers

DoubleLori
06-12-2003, 07:51 PM
I'm thinking I may have to get a recumbent bicycle trainer to get rehabilitated after my neck surgery. I doubt I will ever be able to ride a standard bike again, so that means my Blackburn resistance trainer and my Kreitler rollers are out. I went looking at exercise equipment yesterday. I can't wait to get started, even though I still don't know when my surgery will be (see doctor next week). I have not been able to exercise AT ALL for one year, so I know it will take a while to get to the point where I can be strong enough to testride a real road recumbent or recumbent trike.

Does anyone have any experience with indoor recumbent machines such as the Schwinn or Nautilis? Anyone have recumbent trainers that they like at their health club? Please let me know what brands they are and what you think of them.

If anyone knows of a bike trainer that can be used with a recumbent bicycle (I don't have a recumbent yet but the wheel sizes tend to be small, such as 24" or 20"), I would also like to know about that.